“I keep going back! Great horses! ”
Review of Double H Stables

Double H Stables
Reviewed February 3, 2015 via mobile

I have been visiting Double H for trail rides for several years now, and Will's horseback riding operation has never disappointed. The horses are great, the trails are varied, and you get a better ride for your buck than I have found elsewhere.

I have brought my boyfriend and come here with friends, and everyone has enjoyed themselves. Along certain sections of trail, you are permitted to trot and lope, to your comfort level, which is virtually unheard of at most trail riding venues in the US.

Will has a dry sense of humor that will have you cracking up if you're close enough to the front of the group to hear :) He will make sure that everyone can hear important safety and trail instructions.

After your ride, there are a number of restaurants nearby to grab a bite to eat.

I look forward to returning in 2015!

1  Thank speedylee
in 9 reviews
"trail"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed November 6, 2014

We just returned from a trip to Front Royal to Double H Stables and I cannot wait to go back with our kids. We went along with other adult friends and found the pace and level of adventure to be perfect. Will was a great guide.

Reviewed October 17, 2014 via mobile

Today's visit to Double H Stables was our first, but definitely not our last! Found every bit of what I was searching for in a horse riding adventure. The trail riding was beautiful & offered a unique experience. A nice ride was had by all (from the very experienced to the beginner). Our guide was Will and he had a way of putting you at ease (and building your confidence) from the moment of meeting your horse. He guides you through the trail expertly. We loved every minute of our time spent here. Thank you for a memorable day!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was my third time riding with Will at Double H while on vacation in the Shenandoah Valley. Its always an exciting ride. Most varied terrain on any single ride that's 1-2 hours long. Went with a friend who wants to riding there again. Being more experienced riders Will picked up the pace for us and we enjoyed a lot of trotting and some cantering and loping. It was drier last time I had ridden there so the length of paths (short grass or sandy shale soil) that could be cantered or loped were longer, but it was still fun even on the short lengths to pick up speed and then quick stop....squeeze those thighs and hang on pardner!!! Got to see several pairs of deer running through the woods and over the grass pastures. We will be back again this Spring.

1  Thank EdREquineVacationer
See more reviews
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We emailed the owner the night before we wanted to ride as it was a last minute trip to Front Royal. He responded after we crashed at the hotel (didn't check the emails before leaving) and we showed up the next morning anyway just to see if we could ride. We threw him for a loop because we never confirmed an appointment, but we were welcomed anyway. We requested an hour long ride but the ride lasted a bit longer. It was a nice, slow, enjoyable ride, just right for our daughter who has a few challenges. Just know the owner is more of a cowboy than a social butterfly and you should be fine. He is in the business to give you a trail ride and to experience the beauty of the horses and nature. He did just that for us!

1  Thank abcasl