All reviews the young lady va location long term stay the general manager stay there again jiffy lube live i highly recommend this hotel stephanie kitchenette stove desk iron necessities dial linens cleanliness
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

I was disappointed to arrive at the hotel and found that the GM Stephanie left 3 months ago.
I must say the hotel has sent completed down hill.
The hotel is nothing like it was 4 months ago when i came to visit family. She ran this hotel like you were at home. Her little southern voice made you feel at home. My last visit here.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Fall F
Julia R, Guest Relations at WoodSpring Suites Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Oh no! We are so disappointed that we failed to impress you with a wonderful, positive stay. We wish you the very best in your future travels.

Reviewed August 22, 2018

Booked 2 months in advance for 48$ a day when i got here they tacked 400$ more a month, no manager available at the time, was able to contact her (Steph) days later she said everyone has the same rate and lowered mo payment to 1601$ mo including taxes still 200$ more than i booked the room for and 200$ mo more than my coworkers were paying. after 90 days your supposed to be tax free and receive all taxes back, 243.12$ needless to say the 243.12 $ seemed to vanish also ....so go ahead get you some... bring lubrication !!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Dan G
Julia R, Guest Relations at WoodSpring Suites Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

I'm so sorry to hear about your billing situation. Please contact us if it has not yet been resolved. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed August 4, 2018

I too arrived minutes after the desk closed at 10:05pm and picked up the phone to dial 500. Within minutes a voice welcomed me by name (restored my confidence after travelling all day). Check in was swift and quick and I completely understand the roll down gate at the desk as I too work in the industry (associate safety is equally important as guests).
The room was very basic, but the first thing I did was check it out thoroughly and I was quite impressed with the cleanliness. I was only there for 2 nights and didnt need cookware, utensils, pots and pans or bath amenities. I got what I paid for, a clean, safe, quiet guest room with ample well lit parking. The property was busy with a mix of guests (Jimmy Buffett fans, contract workers in town for projects, families, etc).
The 4 associates (one named Jill) I engaged with, clearly did their very best and sometimes the answer was just "sorry no', which I appreciate the honesty.
I recommend installation of an ice machine on property as I didn't have time for the ice cube trays to freeze in my room freezer and black out shades over the mini blinds and a small table lamp on the night stand.
A comforting experience, albeit only for a couple nights with service, location and cleanliness. Yes, you will have to travel 5 minutes over the bridge to a massive shopping plaza to get your necessities and food, but its very close.

Room tip: Ground floor with parking lot view allowed me to come and go quickly as I was running in and out.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Julia R, Guest Relations at WoodSpring Suites Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

We are delighted to hear that our accommodations met your needs so beautifully! We are so glad you chose to stay with us. Thank you. We appreciate your suggestions about the ice machine and window coverings and will use it to help us improve. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you near our area!

Reviewed May 21, 2018

The only reason I give it 2 stars is for the location as it is convenient and accessible to roads and shops.

Bed sheets were gross and stained, spider in the tub upon entry. Relatively clean otherwise. They boast having a well-equiped room because they have a full size fridge, microwave and two burner stove. Thats great and all but all cupboards are empty, no coffee maker, or iron found. One of the burners non functional and the other started burning leftover grease which immediately smoked up the room.

Making the reservation was easy and the gentleman on the phone was cordial, but that is where the positive experience ended. We made the reservation on our way driving there, and did receive an email confirmation. Being in the car, however, and not having to worry about the fine print at any other place we stayed during our week long trip, we didn't read (and was not alerted to by the guy on phone) that hours vary and after 10pm at our location, the checkin would be a serious headache.

....dial 500 at the door, since the checkin desk is dark and a garage door is shut on the counter ( a real nice welcome).... uh huh.

Hoping your hold time is less than 15-20 minutes, at which point they apparently page or call the young lady to check us in. Who then (beyond flashing the lights) in the room, makes no indication she is available to check you in beyond opening the garage door 2 inches. Of course, they can see you in the security cam, but you are providing your identification and signing papers with a random hand and voice.

Once checkin completed, you are given a pamphlet with bullet points to abide by outlining the 26 rules and 18 policies... just in case you need some light reading.

Checkout was equally painful. They placed a sign saying they are helping other guests and to call 500. Had to call 3 times before an answer, at which point they couldn't quite understand why I may be a bit frustrated.

To me, the whole experience was an unnecessary frustration and will never go back. My wife and I agreed, and my advice to others is pay an extra $20 or so for another place if you can.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dan R

I'm so sorry we disappointed you and hope your future travels are truly wonderful ones.

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

Family was supposed to stay here while visiting. Noticed musty smell when we walked in. Checked in & tried to get in the hall to the rooms - neither key worked. Had that fixed, got to room and noticed musty, sweaty smell. Family was still going to stay, even with the darkness of the room & the smell. Went to dinner, leaving one person behind to rest. As we walked out of hotel encountered 3 men hanging out next to the front door, smoking. While at dinner out family member called to say we needed to pick up plates & utensils because, even though there is a kitchenette, there are no utensils, dishes, etc. Out family member also said they went to the vending machine and felt extremely uncomfortable with the people they encountered in the hallway. As soon as the rest of us got back from dinner we moved our family to a different hotel.
Also be aware the front desk is not staffed overnight and this location is not within easy walking distance of anything except a car wash & a pizza place.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Alynsarsmom
Julia R, Guest Relations at WoodSpring Suites Gainesville, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We’re sorry to hear that you encountered some offensive odors and had an unpleasant impression of other guests. Our goal is to provide every guest with an all-around positive experience. We hope you will give us another chance next time your travels bring you to town.