“Not just for breakfast!!!”
Review of Eggspectation

Eggspectation
Ranked #17 of 104 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 25, 2017

We go there frequently for family dinners. They have a couple of rooms for larger groups (one that seats about 15 or so) and the other is great for meetings of 20 +.

They have a bunch of Eggs Benedict - the ones I have had are great! My husband loves the French Dip - my current favorite is the Ahi Tuna salad.

Their wait staff is unpredictable - usually very good, but sometimes when they are not very busy, it takes a long time for the food, and they don't seem to be around to fill water pr ask about dessert or the check.

I have held meetings there, and have been very happy with both the service and the food.

Reviewed November 10, 2017

I don't know what they do differently to their grits, but OMG. I go there just for the grits. It's usually busy but seated quickly each time.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed November 8, 2017

My daughter suggested this place when I visited her, and I had no idea what to expect. It was a pleasant surprise, as the menu was large and varied, the food very good, and the service was also good. The turkey club sandwich was large and had a lot of turkey. Good coffee, but the Chocolate Decadence cake was good, but not as good as some I've had. I would return when again in the area.

Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

The Lobster Grits w/shrimp and Chipped Beef Gravy were prepared to perfection and served right off the grill. Loved it and yes, both dishes were mine, I was a bit hungry!

Reviewed September 11, 2017

We dropped in on a lark because we had heard a lot of good reports. What a wonderful surprise that the menu offered a lot more than egg/breakfast selections (which we always enjoy). We wound up with three meals, one a sandwich selection, another a chicken dinner selection, and the third a steak and fries. We thought all three were great! The wait-staff was courteous and efficient, and the atmosphere was pleasant. We'll certainly plan to revisit to enjoy their breakfast selections. It's definitely worth a try!

Date of visit: September 2017