“Wings”

Ranked #20 of 104 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Casual american fare & sports bar featuring award winning wings, named the best in Northern Virginia by NOVA Magazine, and burgers made with local Virginia raised Black Angus beef, grass fed and with no added hormones. We have daily specials, prime rib specials Tuesday and Thursday, and Hot Dog specials every Monday. We serve breakfast Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 3pm. Daily Happy Hour every weekday from 3 to 7pm. Karaoke every Friday night at 8pm. All major sporting events are televised in our sports bar section.
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Small local bar/grill, with local crowd, good food, and good staff.
Definitely worth trying some time if you live close. They do offer more than wings...check it out!

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed June 29, 2018

Tuesdays and Thursdays are Prime Rib special days. We were at Jimbo's on a Thurs. I hope it was just something unusual but both my wife and I took ill that evening after dinner. Normally we have not had any problems with their food. We will return because they do serve a good meal.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 7, 2018

I recently stopped at Jimbo's for lunch. The name is really Jimbo's Bar and Grill, which is exactly what it is. I'd call it a sports bar since about half the space is a traditional bar. The other half is a casual restaurant. The menu was primarily sandwiches. I tried the prime rib sandwich, which was nicely done. Service was friendly and prompt. I'd go back.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

Dropped in for a late Valentine's dinner. Live music, staff was very courteous, food was very good. A great place to go for a quick, decent meal.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 30, 2018

My sons and I decided to stop in after working out at the gym close by. I am surprised that it is called a BBQ restaurant - I don't remember seeing BBQ on the menu! The food was good - there were lots of options - lots of different sandwiches, entrees(including seafood) and many different type of hot dogs. I got a BLT with fries, one son got fish and chips and the other son got chicken and shrimp Alfredo. All the food was hot and tasty. The waitress was great - she came by and checked on us many times. I had a cup of hot tea and the boys had lemonade. We all enjoyed the experience. For a Sunday night they had a nice crowd - there are two separate areas - one bar and one restaurant and there is a wall in between them. We will go back - will check the menu for BBQ!

Date of visit: January 2018