“4 1/2 stars would be more accurate.”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #6 of 104 Restaurants in Gainesville
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2018

We dined here with another couple on a Tuesday night. This was my first visit to a Bonefish Grill and I totally enjoyed the experience. Our waiter, Steffon, explained the evening specials which included some great deals. The special consisted of salad, entre and dessert. I am not a huge fish eater so I chose the sirloin steak for just $15.90. The Greek type house salad was excellent. I totally enjoyed the warm chocolate lava cake as well. My companions had the lobster and salmon specials which were priced higher, but still a great value. We also had the very tender, bang, bang shrimp and a seafood dip that were both very good. I need to mention the bread which was hot and excellent. This might have been my first visit. It will not be my last.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We have dined here many times before and have always been pleased, but today was plain awful! Typically we have dinner but today we decided on brunch. It's my husband's birthday and we decided to give their brunch a try. First, it took our server about 7 minutes to make it to our table, not a huge deal and he apologized for the wait. We ordered Pellegrino water and 2 cappuccinos. He returns a few minutes later with neither and apologizes because the cappuccino machine isn't working, ok. We ask for the water, he comes back and informs us they are out of pellegrino. See where this is going? Ok, we decide let's just order. We didn't order appetizers just the main course. My husband ordered the lobster and fillet mignon eggs benedict, steak medium well. 25 minutes later our food arrives and i immediately notice how red the fillet is. It was still bleeding. Server apologizes and takes it back but doesn't take my food, which if i wait to eat until my husband's comes back, will be cold. At this point i tell my husband we are leaving, we notify the server not to bother bringing back the food. We left and went to "The Bone" restaurant instead. Very disappointed with our experience today. Not sure if we will return.

Date of visit: September 2018
BonefishGrill, Guest Relations Manager at Bonefish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Hello,

This is not at all the food and service experience we had hoped for. If you’d like to get in touch directly, please fill out our Contact Us form and we will reach back out: https://www.bonefishgrill.com/contact-us

Leah
Bonefish Grill

Reviewed September 16, 2018

Received a coupon for a free bang bang shrimp so decided to go again, a few weeks after a birthday dinner with neighbors, 23 retirees attending. The earlier dinner was so well orchestrated, the manager frequently stopping by to make sure we were all happy,with drinks, replenishing water and seeing if we needed anything. Anyway, going back with the bang bang shrimp was a pleasure. We didn't have a reservation but they were able to get a table straight away. Drinks were ordered, we shared the bang bang shrimp, then two entrees, then dessert. It was a grand meal! We are frequent visitors now.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed an early evening dinner starting with Bang Bang Shrimp appetizer, great warm bread with herbed olive oil dipping sauce. My partner ordered the fried cod with chips and a side of bacon mac and cheese. The mac and cheese was to die for. I enjoyed bang bang shrimp tacos and a caesar salad. The caesar dressing was excellent; the garlic and anchovy tones were present. Bonefish Grill is always a good bet for delicious food.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 17, 2018

The restaurant has an overall pleasant environment, complemented by attentive waiting personnel. From the moment you enter the place it feels like a well rehearsed ballet, where everybody knows their place on the stage. The menu is somewhat brief, but still has a good selection of different options. I have been there in the past and enjoyed more pleasing meals, but it was in no way disappointing. The noise when they have a full house won't be conducive to hold a normal conversation.

Date of visit: June 2018