“Great Extended Stay Hotel”

Candlewood Suites Richmond West End Short Pump
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Glen Allen
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I have now spent most of the last year traveling for business and most of my nights at the Candlewood Suites. The staff is friendly and courteous. They all know me by name now and acknowledge me upon every arrival. I am a Priority Club member, so I have received complimentary upgrades at almost every stay. I even forgot some personal belongings in my room once, and upon my arrival back home, I had a message on my machine saying they would hold the items or ship them to me if necessary. That is the first time any hotel has contacted me after forgetting some belongings. I will continue to visit here every time I visit Richmond.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank HIExpTraveler
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Richmond West End Short Pump

Reviewed 3 April 2012

This hotel is by far the best I've stayed at. It may not be the Ritz Carlton, but I like that! The Candlewood Suites is a true home away from home. They care about you, know you by name... do the little, but huge things to help you feel comfortable and appreciated. The customer service is, without a doubt, the best I've ever encountered. I decided to stay for about a month at this Candlewood Suites because I had severe water damage to my home and needed somewhere to stay while my home was getting fixed. I was going through a tremendous amount of stress and it was hard to not be in the comfort of my own home, but they made this experience so much better. Martha and all of the other staff always greeted me with a genuine smile, the room was clean and comfortable, and I was in a perfect location. I can't say enough great things about this hotel and staff. Definitely make them your "home away from home" if you have the chance!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Lovenyprecious1
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This was my first stay at a Candlewood Suite. Place was clean and friendly. I got to spin a roulette wheel for a bonus. I got a 10% off at a local restaurant. The room was nice with a complete kitchen including full size refrigerator, stove, pans and dishes. This is a pretty new place so everything was nice. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2012

The staff, accomodations, service, everything was excellent. I would highly recommend a stay here to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2011

We stayed for several nights at the Candlewood Suites Richmond West End Short Pump. One of us thought the bed was too soft. All else was fine. The kitchen is well equipped, even with dinnerware, paper towels, and dishwashing soap. This venue is a good value if you are willing to make your bed, remove trash, and need no help. The day rate was about $30 or more below a similar hotel that offers maid service.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Very clean hotel with basic necessities. Comfortable bed and friendly staff. Great location - lots of stores and restaurants nearby and only about 8 miles off I95. Word of caution - the front desk is NOT manned after 11PM.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Candlewood suites is a perfect place for an extended stay purpose. I stayed there for about four weeks during summer. The room is equipped with almost all facilities to make the stay as homely as possible. It had a refrigerator, cooking range, coffee maker, toaster, microwave and cooking utensils. The rooms were spacious but the interiors were average. All the rooms are non-smoking.
The hotel also had a gym and free laundry service that you have to do on your own. Also there is Tom Leonard's farmers market at a walking distance for daily needs stuff. Also there is a Whole food market across the street for all sort of needs. Also Best Buy, Target, Home depot are in close vicinity.
Wallmart & Short Pump town center are just 5 minutes drive from the hotel. Overall I enjoyed my stay there even though I was travelling alone.
The reception staff was extremely supportive and polite.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1.0 km away
Richmond Marriott Short Pump
Richmond Marriott Short Pump
#6 of 23 in Glen Allen

Been to Candlewood Suites Richmond West End Short Pump? Share your experiences!