“Lunch ”

Ranked #2 of 192 Restaurants in Glen Allen
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: At Silver Diner, we're much more than a diner. Whether you choose a classic dish or a vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free option, Executive Chef Ype Von Hengst has created a menu of customizable, healthier choices that all share one thing: the highest quality, all-natural ingredients available.Silver Diner is proud to be a key part of the local community, nurturing it's growth, providing food for healthier lifestyles, and supporting local schools and non-profits. With a menu that features more than 15 local farms that support sustainable agriculture, Chef Ype creates seasonal dishes using the freshest ingredients available within our local region.
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

This place looks like an old time diner and while it served the traditional diner fare, it has some surprisingly upscale dishes. The quality was good. A very enjoyable place to eat.

Reviewed September 1, 2018

We stopped here after visiting friends in the Richmond area. We had checked the menu online as my wife eats gluten-free and there were a number of non-traditional diner items available. It wasn't a very busy Saturday night and our service was prompt and efficient. My wife had the cod with asparagus and tomatoes and I had the fish and chips. Both of us liked our entrees, though my wife thought all the items she had were a little heavy on the salt. I liked my fish and chips; another reviewer said they were disappointed by them as they weren't crispy. These are a different style and I thought they were a pleasant change from the typical fish and chips. The fries came in a metal cup lined with paper--always a good thing. Overall, we had a good experience. Not sure if we'll be back, as there are quite a few restaurants in the Short Pump area that we still need to try.

Reviewed August 30, 2018

We looked at the menu on line and order our dinners to go. When I picked it up, I handed Nick, the young man who rang it up a $4.00 tip on a $35 To Go Order. He didn't say thanks, didn't even nod or smile just turned and started talking to a co worker. Everything was already bagged up so he did very little but yet couldn't even smile and say thanks. Turned me off from going there again

1  Thank Gregg-Midlo
Reviewed August 29, 2018

My husband and I were on the road and stopped for dinner at the Silver Diner in Glen Allen, VA. It looks like an old-fashioned "silver-chromed" diner but with a modern twist inside. Much of the food is prepared from local produce and no straws are given unless requested (plastic straws are not environmentally friendly).
My husband had the Angus Meatloaf and I ordered the Roasted Chicken pot pie. Without question, this was the best chicken pot pie I have ever eaten at a restaurant. It even surpassed mine!
The meal total was $34, which included the entrees and tip and taxes.
The food servers were professional and friendly. The manager assisted with the serving when there was a larger order. That way, everyone was served at the same time. A mark of a great restaurant.
Highly recommend the Silver Diner.

Reviewed August 15, 2018

Old time feel with a menu that doesn't make you feel (too) guilty. I love all the local options available. If you are trying to eat cleaner and support your local farmer, this is the place to visit.

Been to Silver Diner? Share your experiences!