“Nasty Nasty Nasty”

Ambassador Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 22 May 2015

I stayed at this hotel I would tell everybody NO STOP DO NOT go to this hotel the manger and his wife are crazy as all out doors i think they are bipolar or something one second they were friendly the next well lets just say they turn on you like a pit bull the room was nasty the carpet filthy beds have bugs they have roaches the owner now who use to be the manger likes to make and break verbal agreements they went way up on the price for a room thats not worth it for their prices you might as well go to the embassy at least you know its clean and worth the money you pay so please please do not give them your hard earned money they are worthless.

Room Tip: Any place but this one
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
8  Thank justbeinghonest2015

Reviewed 4 April 2015

I checked into this hotel on a Monday evening. First I checked was the heater, which did not work. I was given another room. The next evening, I called the front desk to ask for clean towels, as the room did not get cleaned. By the time I checked out on Thursday morning, the room had not been cleaned once during our 3 day stay. When I spoke to the clerk on check out and told her this, her response, was "We have a change in management, they are changing up things". Really!?! Not cleaning the rooms is the change!!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Lori141414
Reviewed 19 March 2015

I stay here a few times a year when in the area and have seen this hotel go from scary, to awful scary, to not too bad, to a pretty nice place with friendly staff. Not fancy and not a lot of amenities, but large clean rooms and comfy beds with free wifi. That seems to be changing again...Karen the current manager is leaving and a new person is coming in. They are building a barred cage around the front desk to "protect" him due to his previous interactions in the area. Ladies should keep their door latched! There is now only one housekeeper for 100+ rooms, laundry and trash service. I dont know how the poor lady is supposed to keep up. There is no more complementary anything...tissues, coffee, breakfast, lotion, shampoo are all a thing of the past. You get TP, soap, a towel, washcloth and the hardest little bar of soap you've ever seen....much like the army or jail I imagine. The linen and towels that used to be bright white are now a grayish yellow and very worn. The linen doesnt even smell clean anymore, not even a hint of a soap fragrance of any kind. It's very sad that this hotel seems to have fallen into uncaring hands again...I'll miss Karen and Swatti.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank ts a
Reviewed 11 November 2014

The motel was extremely clean, the people were friendly, free parking and free Wi-Fi. It was so much better than I expected, my daughter actually wants to stay there again next year. She said the bed was soooo comfortable, I was actually able to sleep most of the night but I have back troubles, lucky for me they have elevators. There was no breakfast but right next door was the steak and shake and the breakfast was wonderful. Again I was surprised about the cleanliness and we will probably stay there next year as the price was great too.

Room Tip: the further away from the office, therefore the street, the less noise.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2014

I arrived late and exhausted from the days events so I didn't take opportunity to inspect my room until awaking late in the evening after check-in. While in preparation for my next event, I discovered a large red carpet stain at the side of the bed, only to wonder if it were blood, and is there a white chalk outline underneath the bed? Its time to shower and dress, and now I discover hair all around the tub, and there's no towel rack, so the towels are stacked on the toilet tank. I shave and jump into the shower only to discover, the shower head is set full throttle jet spray and doesn't adjust and the tub doesn't drain properly and I'm trying to dance out of the nasty soap scum from the previous guest. Eeek! I exit the shower rushed by time and still needing to iron a shirt discover, although I saw an ironing board, there's no iron. I contact the front desk for an iron and after a second call and 15 minutes it arrived! This establishment is way below basic standards, and in future I will definitely consider elsewhere in the Hampton vicinity! Never again!

Room Tip: I'd choose a different hotel...
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles G
Reviewed 3 November 2014

The rooms were FILTHY! The carpets were stained, the sheets dirty and the bathroom hadn't been cleaned well in a very long time. Also there was only one set of towels in a room for two people. Upon inspection of the room I wanted to call down to the desk and tell them what I had found. Unfortunately I couldn't because my phone didn't work. I had to go the room next door to use the phone. After talking to the manager and asking that the room be thoroughly cleaned and the sheets changed I figured it would be okay to stay the night after that. We left the hotel at 11 am and when we returned at 8pm that night, the room was still disgusting. The same sheets that I'd asked to be cleaned were still on the bed. When I told house keeping about what i had found, She told me that it would be hard to find sheet that were not stained. There were also bugs crawling on the ceilings and walls. I would advise everyone to stay away from this place! We slept in all of a clothes for two nights. Never Again!

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Devin A
Reviewed 22 September 2014

I stayed here on a last minute trip. wow was I shocked the customer service was great. the location was great. the swimming pool was great comfortable water temp. guest service rep always walking around checking on things. friendly staff

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family