“Below Average”

Ambassador Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 12 February 2017

The location and the price are the only perks. The room offers ironing boards but no iron, a coffee machine but no coffee pot. No early check-ins even for an additional fee, only one room key offered. Limited room lighting, no working room telephone. Only the television is nice.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank gs1019gs

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

It was the worst place I have ever stayed at. Non-smoking room smelled like pure smoke gave me a terrible headache. So much noise all nite I couldn't sleep. I would not recommend this to anyone. Broken beer bottles on parking lot.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

Made reservation 2 weeks in advance. On line hotel listed as pet friendly comfirmed booking before C/I at front desk was told no pets allowed. So people update the website! We traveled from Richmond, Va.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2016

This place is absolutely GROSS!!! I was so uncomfortable to sleep in the beds. There was bugs crawling on the walls when we walked in the room. The microwave didn't work, some of the lights didnt work. There wasn't proper bedding on the bed, it smelled awful in the room & The front desk worker could barely speak English. I would NEVER recommend staying here!! DONT DO IT!!! I wanted to leave immediately but they refused to refund me my money. The photos online are not at all what the rooms look like! The hotel looks nothing like the pictures. It is in a very scary location and I did not feel safe at all.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

Owners are incredibly rude for absolutely no reason at all. Dirty, nasty rooms. Hair clumps on the floors, tables and beds. Tables in the room weren't wiped down at all and sticky. Bathroom was disgusting, toilet had dried urine on seat and hair. Towels and washcloths were nasty and stained. No curtains on the windows and blinds were broken. Air conditioning unit was old and leaked water all over the carpet inside the room. Bathroom door was broken and wouldn't shut all the way. Owners of hotel were incredibly rude. Acted like they were better than anyone else and wouldn't let me speak at all. Stated "this is my hotel, private property, and I can do whatever I want". Absolutely the worst and dirtiest, nastiest hotel I've ever stayed at ever!!!!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

We went on an evening fishing charter and were tired when we got done. So we went around trying to find a room but there was a Jehovah witness convention in town. So it was hard to find a vacancy. We found one at here. Went to our room. Floor was nasty with stains. We were very tired so figured we could live with it for one night. Went to bed and was woken up by gun fire. Scared to investigate , my wife and I decided to just stay in our rooms til the sun came up. But that was 5hrs away. Went to checkout and owner apologized and said he is only one person and can't control everyone which is true, BUT we come to find out he left teenagers book a room and they had a party. 2 boys got into a fight over a girl and started shooting the place up. There were never any sirens and were told one of them got hit a few times. But the owner never offered any discounts or refunds. Will not be back.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

Avoid this hotel even if they charge you 5$ per night. Rooms are absolutely horribe, phone doesn't work, breakfast is only coffee, bed sheets and pillow sheets had red lisptick on it, carpet was so dirty you thought they killed a bunch of pigs in the room.
During the night someone knocked at my door and there was a message sticked to the door asking if the woman in the room wanted to have sex for 10$. I realized in the morning 2 other people received the same message.
Avoid this hotel and pay a little bit more, or just sleep in your car.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family