“Clean, Quiet and Nice Staff”

Hampton Inn Hampton-Newport News
Ranked #1 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
McLean, Virginia
“Clean, Quiet and Nice Staff”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

A business traveler is always happy for clean rooms, nice bathrooms and a quiet hotel. This hotel meets these requirements. Everything is immaculate. The one thing I would disagree with is the hotel's website assertion that it is steps from the town center. I anticipated that meant i could walk to dinner but it is actually .7 of a mile away- so you have to drive. The town center is nice, so you can find a decent dinner and nice shops. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mixedreviews

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed 9 December 2011

So clean, rooms are a great size, every member of the staff I encountered was friendly and professional. Did I say clean?!!

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Mitasazama
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Stayed here to go back and forth to a relative's for a weekend
Retirement Party". Rooms were large and cosy. Restaurant had a nice breakfast. This hotel is Family Oriented. Personnel were accommodating. Enjoyed our stay. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Go on the internet and get the early bird special. Like place yr order at least a month in advance...
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Naomi B
Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Let me start by saying that I would highly recommend this hotel. I travel a lot for business and pleasure all over the world and I enjoyed my stay here. We stayed here for one night. The room was large and the bathroom was a decent size. Everything was spotless and the beds were comfortable. The hotel is only around 2 years old and it shows. Everything is well maintained and clean. The staff is very helpful and polite. The breakfast was included and was very good. The cook takes pride in her job and it shows. The price was under $100 and I would stay here again. Keep in mind, this is not a five star hotel with five star amenities but you definitely get more than what you pay for here. If you are looking for Clean, Convenient, and Good Service then this is the place to stay while in the Hampton area. Plenty of parking, towels, etc. We did not use or go to the pool so I cannot comment on it. I would note that if you like to sleep in make sure that you put your "do not disturb" sign on the door the night before. The maids like to get started cleaning the rooms early and if you do not put out the sign you will most likely have someone knocking on your door.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed here three nights to visit family and site-see. We were hesitant about it being across from the hospital, but there was very little siren noise during our stay. Maybe heard a siren once or twice the whole time. So that was not a factor. The hotel is a little off the beaten path, but still only short drive to restaurants, shopping, etc. It was nice having all of those things nearby, but the hotel being in a residential area. The front desk staff was really nice. The lady who serviced the breakfast area each morning could not have been more friendly and pleasant. She went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed our breakfast and our stay. Our rooms were very comfortable and we slept really well. We spent the remaining 3 nights of our stay at Buckroe Beach and Oh how I missed the Hampton Inn! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed 24 January 2011

For a normal business trip, Hampton Inns have always been one of my favorites. This particular hotel did some things great (hot items at breakfast changed each day, clean rooms, temperature setting) and some things failed miserably - not just once or twice but EVERY time.

I have a cell phone, I prefer to use a landline. In order to avoid the exorbitant long distance calls, I ask that my family call me. In attempting to make just one call, my husband was connected to the wrong room, placed on hold for more than 10 minutes, and no one answered at the front desk for more than 10 rings. The patterm was consistent throughout my stay. Call were frequently un-answered and if they were answered, the call would be placed on hold instead of connected. Aggravating!!!

Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Alice B
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 22 November 2010

This was my second stay at this Hampton Inn, and both have been pleasant experiences. The rooms and facilities are always clean, and the front desk personnel were helpful. I had to change my plans at the last minute (twice), but they accomodated me with no problem. Breakfast is the usual Hampton fare. The fitness center is small, but in good working order.

The bed was comfortable. The pillows seemed to all be the same, and I had trouble finding that "perfect" firmness. I slept well, nonetheless.

The location is fairly quiet in the evenings. It is right on a main road (Coliseum Dr) across from a hospital. I didn't notice the traffic noise from my room, but I was on the side away from the street. There are not restaurants within easy walking distance, but there are a plethora within 5 min drive.

The only negative experience was from the maintenance guy, who seemed to be lacking people skills. I assume he was testing some TV remotes. While I was in the fitness room working with dumbbells and watching TV, he came in twice in the span of 5 minutes changed the channel a couple of times, then walked out without speaking or returning it to the original channel. Wierd!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business