Candlewood Suites - Hampton
US$127
Travelocity
US$189
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfull kitchenhonor systemwashers and dryerslaundry roomquiet locationsmell of cigarette smokelending libraryfront deskstove topno additional chargecomforts of homegreat value for the pricequeen bedluggage cartchecking ingreat roombusiness center
Reviewed January 3, 2012

The staff was very informative and helped me check in and out very easily. The room was very neat and the bathroom was super clean. It was probably one of the cleanest bathrooms I've been in in a hotel. The hotels appearance and staff were excellent! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Five day stay.

1. Hard to find. Don't depend on finding signs.
2. Some staff friendly. Others clearly think helping you for pay is doing you a favor.
3. Mostly quiet, except for a few guests who pull up with rap music at earblastlevelx3. And one female guest who for some reason kept screaming down the hall at her baby daddy, even though he was only five feet away from her.
4. My toilet stopped up. I called main desk. Concierge (ha!) said, and I quote, "Lemme see if I can find a plunger," and hung up on me. Twenty minutes later, I went to main desk and was looked at blankly, which I interpreted as a signal to tell her what I was doing there. I reiterated that my toilet did not work. She handed me a plunger, and I fixed it myself.

5. There are about five parking spots CONVENIENT to elevator. The staff takes the best spots, so look forward to lugging that luggage!
6. Smoking rooms? Yes. Marijuana den? Apparently, yes, down the hall from me.
7. Ran out of TP on a Saturday with one person on staff. I could have scored illegal drugs faster than I obtained a SINGLE roll from the lady at the front desk...And, yes, YOU have to go get it. They do not bring supplies to rooms! They lock paper products up, apparently, one county over.
8. In all fairness, fairly quiet, and the air conditioning during heat wave works excellently. Just be ready to make own bed, take out own trash, ask for trash bags, other supplies, etc. No pool!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Stayed for three nights in July for a business trip. Room was clean and had a great layout for extended stay purposes. Housekeeping is only available every 7th day, so you need to plan for that. Staff was nice and accommodating. Most of the other guests are construction workers and the evenings are their unwind times. Smell of cigarette smoke in the hall was pretty common then. Free laundry was nice. Good place if this is what you need. If you are looking for a cheap hotel near Williamsburg then, you may want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2011
CWSHPT, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Thank you for giving us feedback on your stay here at Candlewood Suites Hampton VA. We currently our undergoing renovations of our rooms and will be 100% smoke free hotel. Bathrooms are being redone as well as new furniture in our guest rooms. We would like for you to give us another try. We value your business and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed June 2, 2011

Stayed 5/31/11 and 6/1/11 - location was kind of out of the way from restaurants. Not any shade in parking lot for car (intense heat these days). No batteries in remote; new batteries found and replaced immediately. Dishwasher in room had dirty dishes in it. Trash can in bathroom wasnt emptied. Drapes too close to A/C; would blow up and out when A/C was on, thus restricting TV view from recliner. Only paid $80 a night, so we got what we paid for. Probably won't stay there again.

Room Tip: Need map; GPS not helpful.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I stayed over a period of 5+ weeks for medical treatment. The people at the desk were extremely friendly and helpful, but didn't intrude. Even the housekeeping and maintenance staff gave friendly greetings and were also very helpful.
The room and surroundings were clean and pleasant, with a very adequate kitchen and sitting area. I had my large dog with me, and we enjoyed many walks along a pretty pond. I felt comfortable taking the dog out, even fairly late at night.
Explain your needs, and the staff will try to meet them. For example, my dog is elderly and walks with difficulty, so I was given a room near an outside exit to take him out more easily.

Room Tip: The rear rooms have a lovely view of the pond!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo