“Poor Service”

Candlewood Suites - Hampton
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I spent over a week at this hotel and very seldom walked past the front desk when the person behind the counter wasn't in the middle of a personal call. The few times I needed something from the front desk I had to wait while they put thier cell phone down and I was treated like I was interupting them. I had the same problem with multple employees and wouldn't stay there again. Beyond that they allow pets which you could smell and hear dogs barking.

Room Tip: My room smelled like cats; if you have to stay there ask if they have rooms pets aren't allowed...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
CWSHPT, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

First I would like to apologize to you for the unacceptable experience you had with us. Its important that we recieve feedback from our guest and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I have addressed this concern with my team members and how we did not deliver what we promise. We are currently under renovations, all of our guest rooms are getting a new look as well as updated bathrooms. We would love if you would give us another chance and try us again.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

My stay at this hotel exceeded my expectations! The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was wonderful, with a refrigerator, stovetop, and microwave available along with all of the utensils you may wish to use! Great job, and I would recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2012

The staff was very helpful and polite. The rooms were spacious and family friendly. the entire set up of the hotel was nice. I enjoyed the gym, snack room, and laundry room. It's a very relaxing hotel that is calm and quiet! The price of the hotel is very reasonable and it's close to the Towne Center where there is tons of things to do.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
CWSHPT, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Hampton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

Thank you Andie H for letting us know how your stay with us here at Candlewood Suites Hampton. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

I came to the Hotel at 3;15 in the Am. Did not see anyone at the front desk. A sign says, was serving other guest. pick up the phone and dial 0 for assistant. A man answer the phone abd said it was doing audit and he could not check me in for another 30 minutes. I waited until 4;00 am. called him back, saying Im still waiting to check in. He said Im on my way. Waited untik 4;20am he never showed up. I left. No one should have to go threw this. This was on January 4, 2012

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time and letting us know about the experience you recieved trying to check in. I have addressed this concern with my night auditor and why the situation occured and ensure it has been taken care of . Thank you for making me aware of this. As a General Manager we can not be here at certian times and are unaware at times of situations. Its important that we recieve feedback from our guest to strive to be better. Please try us again, we appreciate and value your business. Thank you again for taking the time and took your experience very seriously.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

The staff was very informative and helped me check in and out very easily. The room was very neat and the bathroom was super clean. It was probably one of the cleanest bathrooms I've been in in a hotel. The hotels appearance and staff were excellent! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Five day stay.

1. Hard to find. Don't depend on finding signs.
2. Some staff friendly. Others clearly think helping you for pay is doing you a favor.
3. Mostly quiet, except for a few guests who pull up with rap music at earblastlevelx3. And one female guest who for some reason kept screaming down the hall at her baby daddy, even though he was only five feet away from her.
4. My toilet stopped up. I called main desk. Concierge (ha!) said, and I quote, "Lemme see if I can find a plunger," and hung up on me. Twenty minutes later, I went to main desk and was looked at blankly, which I interpreted as a signal to tell her what I was doing there. I reiterated that my toilet did not work. She handed me a plunger, and I fixed it myself.

5. There are about five parking spots CONVENIENT to elevator. The staff takes the best spots, so look forward to lugging that luggage!
6. Smoking rooms? Yes. Marijuana den? Apparently, yes, down the hall from me.
7. Ran out of TP on a Saturday with one person on staff. I could have scored illegal drugs faster than I obtained a SINGLE roll from the lady at the front desk...And, yes, YOU have to go get it. They do not bring supplies to rooms! They lock paper products up, apparently, one county over.
8. In all fairness, fairly quiet, and the air conditioning during heat wave works excellently. Just be ready to make own bed, take out own trash, ask for trash bags, other supplies, etc. No pool!

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Stayed for three nights in July for a business trip. Room was clean and had a great layout for extended stay purposes. Housekeeping is only available every 7th day, so you need to plan for that. Staff was nice and accommodating. Most of the other guests are construction workers and the evenings are their unwind times. Smell of cigarette smoke in the hall was pretty common then. Free laundry was nice. Good place if this is what you need. If you are looking for a cheap hotel near Williamsburg then, you may want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2011

Thank you for giving us feedback on your stay here at Candlewood Suites Hampton VA. We currently our undergoing renovations of our rooms and will be 100% smoke free hotel. Bathrooms are being redone as well as new furniture in our guest rooms. We would like for you to give us another try. We value your business and thank you for staying with us.