New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Hampton
East Providence, RI
“Great Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Great location for business stay in Hampton. Clean, quiet, great price.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
CWSHPT, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Hampton, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your stay. We value our business guest. Since your departure we have started renovations and almost complete. We would love to see you again in the near future and see our new look.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Under remodel but nonetheless a pleasant experience. Staff is very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for giving us feedback on your stay here at Candlewood Suites Hampton. Renovations are just about complete. Our goal during renovations is to ensure minimal impact to our guest. My team and I are excited about our new look. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

I spent over a week at this hotel and very seldom walked past the front desk when the person behind the counter wasn't in the middle of a personal call. The few times I needed something from the front desk I had to wait while they put thier cell phone down and I was treated like I was interupting them. I had the same problem with multple employees and wouldn't stay there again. Beyond that they allow pets which you could smell and hear dogs barking.

Room Tip: My room smelled like cats; if you have to stay there ask if they have rooms pets aren't allowed...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
CWSHPT, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Hampton, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
First I would like to apologize to you for the unacceptable experience you had with us. Its important that we recieve feedback from our guest and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I have addressed this concern with my team members and how we did not deliver what we promise. We are currently under renovations, all of our guest rooms are getting a new look as well as updated bathrooms. We would love if you would give us another chance and try us again.
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

My stay at this hotel exceeded my expectations! The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was wonderful, with a refrigerator, stovetop, and microwave available along with all of the utensils you may wish to use! Great job, and I would recommend this hotel to others!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

The staff was very helpful and polite. The rooms were spacious and family friendly. the entire set up of the hotel was nice. I enjoyed the gym, snack room, and laundry room. It's a very relaxing hotel that is calm and quiet! The price of the hotel is very reasonable and it's close to the Towne Center where there is tons of things to do.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CWSHPT, General Manager at Candlewood Suites - Hampton, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
Thank you Andie H for letting us know how your stay with us here at Candlewood Suites Hampton. We hope to see you again in the future.
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I came to the Hotel at 3;15 in the Am. Did not see anyone at the front desk. A sign says, was serving other guest. pick up the phone and dial 0 for assistant. A man answer the phone abd said it was doing audit and he could not check me in for another 30 minutes. I waited until 4;00 am. called him back, saying Im still waiting to check in. He said Im on my way. Waited untik 4;20am he never showed up. I left. No one should have to go threw this. This was on January 4, 2012

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time and letting us know about the experience you recieved trying to check in. I have addressed this concern with my night auditor and why the situation occured and ensure it has been taken care of . Thank you for making me aware of this. As a General Manager we can not be here at certian times and are unaware at times of situations. Its important that we recieve feedback from our guest to strive to be better. Please try us again, we appreciate and value your business. Thank you again for taking the time and took your experience very seriously.
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

The staff was very informative and helped me check in and out very easily. The room was very neat and the bathroom was super clean. It was probably one of the cleanest bathrooms I've been in in a hotel. The hotels appearance and staff were excellent! Highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends