All reviews last minute business trip hardwood floors room was clean coffee maker desk clerk hampton coliseum convention interstate virginia
Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

For a $60 motel, I thought my room was clean and neat. No major issues. Friendly check in. I would certainly stay here again.

Be aware this motel does not have an iron, coffee maker, or hair dryer in the room. They also do not serve breakfast.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
aaron j, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton Coliseum & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Unfortunately we do not offer a breakfast, but we do offer coffee and tea 24 hours. As for the iron and coffee maker we are currently looking to put these amenities in once we renovate in a few months. Thank you again for taking the time to give us a review and hope that we can WOW you in the near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

Without question, this is the best Super 8 I have ever even been near. The desk clerk, Susie, was friendly and very helpful with referrals on places to dine. The rooms were amazingly clean and well-appointed. Even the towels were fluffy.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2017

I didn't expect much for the price, but was pleasantly surprised. very clean and comfortable, nice staff, easy location to get to, close to lots of restaurants and shopping. Worked out great for a quick one night stay.
I travel a lot and stay at a lot of hotels, you can nit pick any of them and find something wrong, for the price I would stay here anytime.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2017

So I wasn't expecting the Taj Mahal or anything when I booked this motel, just a place to lay our heads between Williamsburg and VA Beach. Unfortunately we found a live cockroach in the pillow on which my daughters head was laying this morning. We are checking out as fast as possible! Also if you enjoy sleeping after midnight this may not be the place to try to get a good nights rest, there was a man playing his music in the parking lot, loud bass, til well past midnight. Never again Red Roof Inn!

Room tip: Don't go here.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
aaron j, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton Coliseum & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

I am very sorry to hear that an incident like that happened to you on your recent stay with us. We do have monthly pest control service that takes very good care of our property. We strive to keep a clean and comfortable property for any and all of our guests that patron us. If in the future you would like to give us a second chance, please call the hotel directly and ask for me. Again, I am sorry about the unfortunate incident but trust me when I say that is a rare occurrence.

Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

Stayed in a recently renovated king bed room. Close to attractions, museums, variety of restaurants, movie theater, shopping and the Interstate. There wss a frig and microwave in the room. The only thing I missed is no hair dryer in room. Woken up early a couple mornings from what sounded like dumpsters being emptied. We parked right in front of our door to our room.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
aaron j, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hampton Coliseum & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! We appreciate any feedback that can help us grow and become the best at what we do which is give you the customer a great stay at a great price. Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.