“Love the Sushi!”

Oriental Cafe
Ranked #42 of 293 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

A large menu in which to choose a delicious Asian meal. The sushi is wonderful and fresh! The seaweed salad and miso soup are also very good. Their lunch specials are nicely priced, a good value, with plenty to eat. Hot sake and beer available also, and they do have takeout.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed June 24, 2017

Nice staff, spacious dining area, normal Chinese restaurant vibe. I ordered the shrimp Pad Thai, no complaints. My friend had the dry chicken, it was so good I had to restrain myself from eating all their meal instead of mine!
If you stop here, it's not a bad choice.

Date of visit: June 2017
Thank P.J. M
Reviewed May 22, 2017

In Harrisonburg, this is our "go to" restaurant for Chinese food. The service is always excellent and the food is authentic, generously portioned and delicious!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

We often order takeout from Oriental Cafe when we visit my parents in Harrisonburg. Last night was another good experience. The Dry Pepper Chicken and Spicy Tangy Dumplings were both outstanding, and everything else was very good as well. We'll keep going back.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed April 8, 2017

I can't list this as one of the better asian restaurants in Harrisonburg. The first time we went, I ordered the vegetarian sushi and it was bland, poorly presented and the avocado was brown. I had to pick the rolls apart to eat and gave up half-way through.

Thought I would give it another chance a month later and the food was the same. In the restaurant's defense however, my son thought the food was delicious. We both agreed that the staff were rude and the restaurant had no atmosphere though.

More like an airport sushi restaurant than fine dining. I'll pass on this place in the future as there are much better offerings in the Harrisonburg area.

Date of visit: February 2017