“Comfortable”

Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Massachusetts
“Comfortable”
Reviewed 20 October 2007

This hotel is about a year old - it's clean and tidy. In a pretty good location with gas stations and a few restaurants. Cracker Barrel is nearby.

Our room was very comfortable - big, big, big. That's why Country Inns are so nice. King bed, sitting area, large bathroom - fridge, micro and coffee pot. The continental breakfast area was packed at breakfast time. The continential breakfast choices were just ok - still a big fan of Fairfield Inn's continental breakfast!

Stayed October 2007

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 13 August 2007

Excellent Mid-Price Hotel for your $$! We stayed here two nights on a recent business trip. The hotel is new and clean, clean, clean!! The basic guest room features: granite bathroom vanities, rounded shower rods, decent firm matresses and a LG flat screen TV. The hotel serves a plentiful hot breakfast inclusive of belgium waffles, fresh fruit and gourmet coffee. At night there's big cookies and fresh brewed coffee. All the staff was gracious and went out of there way to be helpful. Yes, as another reviewer noted, the walls do allow transient noise, but it was minimal and it seems all highway hotels are built this way these days; so I wouldn't hold that against this wonderful hotel establishment. We give this mid-price hotel an A+.
G. Travis
Raleigh, NC

• Liked — New and Clean
  • Disliked — Noise coming thru walls and floors above
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Travis-Family-Travel
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 30 November 2006

This hotel is fine. We stayed here on the way to Atlanta. It is right off I-81 and convenient to the highway. The staff was fine, although, it was hard to understand why they put us in a room so far away from elevator, as it was midnight, I was carrying my sleeping 18 month son, and my husband was carrying all our stuff. (*Maybe they were booked)
Anyway, the rooms were very large and comfortable. The bedspread was cleaner, although not a duvet cover, as most higher end chain hotel are trying to implement. Nothing grosses me out more than a hotel bedspead. Yuck!

Breakfast was ok. The breakfast room was very small, but it was a busy travel weekend, so it was completely full.

I would recommend this hotel for travellers, passing through Harrisonburg.

• Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
5 Thank ambudd
Virginia
Reviewed 29 October 2006

This is the second time my family and I have stayed at this hotel. It is a brand new facility and they are still in the process of learning the ropes. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was good. I called ahead a requested a top floor room and was told it wasn't a problem. When I checked in, I was told that all of the rooms on the 3rd floor were taken except for the suite and I could pay an additional $40 for that if I wanted it. I don't think so. I ended up with a second floor room. At 2:30am in the morning, the party ended up right next door to me. I had to call downstairs regarding the TV next door. The herd of elephants in the room above us didn't calm down until midnight also. I am still baffled why a brand new hotel couldn't invest in some insulation for the walls and ceilings/floors. The hotel finally gave me a partial credit for my room after three conversations.

• Liked — Clean rooms
  • Disliked — Thin Walls, New Staff
  • Tips/Secrets — 3rd floor is a must