“Tired Travelers Treated Like Royalty”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Harrisonburg, VA
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Reviewed 6 October 2017

This is actually the tale of two hotels, the Holiday Inn Express and Country Inn & Suites. My wife and I were returning home from visiting out daughter in Pennsylvania when we found the true meaning of hospitality and what it means to go above and beyond. We were getting tired from driving and I called ahead to the Holiday Inn Express to book a room. I have to have a room with a walk-in or roll in shower due to a back problem. I was assured by the desk clerk that a room like this was available. When we arrived at the hotel, checked in, and went to the room we discovered that the room had a tub with sides and handicap grab bars. I called the desk immediately and the manager and the general manager came to see the problem. It turned out that they had no more rooms with a walk-in or roll in shower, but the owner of this hotel also owns the Country Inn and Suites just up the hill. The general manager called the Country Inn and told them that we would be coming up in a minute and to give that handicapped room to us.
While my wife went to get our car, the manager helped me gather our things and then walked up the hill from the Holiday Inn to the Country Inn carrying my suitcase. The general manager of both properties met us there and both managers helped us settle into the room. We were also given the lesser rate we would have been charged at the Holiday Inn Express.
All that was done for us was greatly appreciated and we will certainly stay here again on the next trip through.

Room Tip: The hotel is far enough from I-81 so that you don’t get the Interstate traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is super clean and easy to get to from the 81 Hwy. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, one of the best I have seen lately. Food easy to get to along south Main Street.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Had a fine overnight stay here. The property appears to be fairly new, staff were friendly and the room as clean. Compared to other Country Inn and Suites I have stayed at, the decor here was a bit more up-to-date which was nice.

Unfortunately, the hotel seems to have poor construction. I could hear people talking and the TV in the next room quite clearly, and generally fixtures felt flimsy, especially in the bathroom. Light sleepers should stay away!

Breakfast was decent with good options. The Country Inn and Suites appears to be trying to best the competition by offering real plates and cups for breakfast instead of Styrofoam.

Overall, I had a fine stay. The hotel is better than a budget hotel, but not quite as good as most Hampton Inns in my experience.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family