All reviews decent free breakfast fourth floor dc area sofa bed clean rooms metro station northern virginia would stay here again hot breakfast breakfast items business trip hotel of choice one night stay we've stayed easy access front desk staff pleasant stay
Reviewed September 3, 2018

I stayed a couple nights at the SpringHill Suites in Herndon. Although the stay was fine, there were some issues.

PROS:
- Clean rooms
- Spacious rooms
- Somewhat close to Reston Town Center
- Inexpensive
- Decent free breakfast

CONS:
- Dated building
- Odd room layout
- Tree sap dripped on my car in the parking lot

Overall, the hotel was very clean, staff was friendly, and I had no issues with my room. Yes the refrigerator and AC unit were a bit noisy, but that is not uncommon for hotel rooms. The room was fairly large but had an unusual layout that resulted in some congestion points.

The breakfast is included and actually had a decent selection. I was able to get scrambled and hard boiled eggs each morning. The breakfast items seemed to be identical each day.

The hotel is in a good location. It's not quite close enough to walk to Reston Town Center, but it's in the area, and a free shuttle is provided that runs every 30 minutes.

I would have given the hotel four stars, but there was one serious problem: I parked my car in the parking lot for two nights, and tree sap dripped on it. It was fairly difficult to remove the sap, and I ended up having to use a combination of rubbing alcohol and nail polish remover. If you stay at this hotel, do NOT park under the trees in the row opposite the hotel entrance (see attached pic).

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
nancy p, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Herndon Reston, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2018

Dear radx4,

Thank you so much for staying at the Springhill Suites Herndon. We appreciate your feedback, and I will personally relay it to the appropriate departments to ensure similar issues don’t happen again.

Nancy Palma
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

3 night stay following a flight in from the UK. Checking-in very smooth with excellent, friendly staff. Room large but a little dated. Bed comfortable. Breakfast limited in terms of choice but enough to satisfy. If I had been here for pleasure purposes I would have been disappointed with the breakfast selection. However, when working to a business deadline then it was fine. Plenty of good places to eat and drink in Reston.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
nancy p, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Herndon Reston, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Dear David B,

Thank you so much for staying at the Springhill Suites Herndon, your feedback is important to us. We are glad to hear that our staff took care of you during your stay. My team and I will share your feedback with the appropriate team department to ensure we have different choices for our breakfast selection.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Herndon.

Warmest Regards,
Nancy Palma

Reviewed August 13, 2018

This was an ideal location for us. We wanted to spend time in DC prior to an overseas trip. The hotel provided a shuttle to the DC train, a shuttle to the airport and parking while we were gone. The room was comfortable, spacious, clean and quiet. The breakfast buffet was excellent.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

Currently staying at this property. Unable to sleep due to rickety noisy wall unit AC making very loud disruptive noise. It’s going to be a hot night without AC. Room is adequate size, however do be advised that they only offer double beds at this property. No queen beds. This seems to be a theme in the Reston area, as the Hyatt also has only double beds. Management should realize that a double bed is only good for one person. We are of rather short stature with normal BMI across the board.and the double beds are too small to share even with our tiny little kids. The room here is dated/worn and needs to be redone. Overall, the AC noise issue will certainly keep me from repeat visit to this property and the brand as well. The cost for this room was 197$ taxes and fees included. The room does include parking and breakfast which is a plus. Had to go to front desk to pick up extra bedding items.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Rachel M, Events Specialist at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Herndon Reston, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Dear tmvnav,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology and know that I have shared your feedback with the appropriate team members to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward. I would appreciate another opportunity, and I will personally ensure you have a fantastic stay with us.

Warmest Regards,

Rachel Morris
Events Specialist

Reviewed July 28, 2018

This is a hotel ten-minute drive from IAD. I wanted its bathroom to be larger, but spacious in general, clean, and functional. I liked that the room has many power outlets available. One note: It is difficult to find the exit to the hotel. It is the second exit of the Spring St. from the Fairfax County Expressway.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business