All reviews dulles airport room was clean sink area shuttle service grocery store fresh fruit first floor stayed here for one night front desk staff very pleasant stay convenient location comfortable hotel dc area coffee maker checking out metro station complimentary breakfast
Reviewed March 13, 2017

I had stayed here a couple of times in recent years when it was a somewhat tired Holiday Inn Express. This was my first stay since the hotel was rebranded as a Fairfield and refurbished. I was very very impressed with the refurb job and the attention to details.

Consider these small things...
- The desk had 5 available outlets available, all without needing to crawl on the floor or unplug anything. There were also outlets on the sconce lamps on both sides of the bed.
- The under-window heat & AC unit had a plastic guard on top, to prevent the fan from blowing the window sheer constantly.
- The tub has been replaced with a tub-length shower stall. It's clean and bright, with plenty of shelves and holders for all your soap and toiletries. Speaking of soap, there was both bar soap and shower gel. There is even a small knee-height ledge that the ladies may find useful when shaving legs.
- The sink counter is very wide with plenty of space.
- The coffee maker now uses K-cups.
- Microwave and mini-fridge in the room.

Overall, the property was clean, the staff was friendly and accommodating. The wifi was free and reliable. The breakfast is improved, with great variety but only so-so quality.

One complaint might be that t he room doors are heavy and slam shut, and that noise from nearby rooms comes in pretty loudly.

While I don't recommend visiting Herndon without a car, those who can't or don't want to drive will find this hotel very walkable, with a supermarket right next door, and lots of restaurants within a ten minute walk, some across the street. The hotel also has a free shuttle offering rides in a 3 mile radius.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed February 23, 2017

This was my first visit to the Herndon area. The hotel is in a good location close to many shops and places to eat. The one thing that stood out about my stay was the staff. Everyone we encountered from the check-in clerk (Lydia I believe) to the night clerk and breakfast woman were all equally welcoming and attentive.The friendliness of the staff really made the difference between an average stay and a great stay.
The only thing was that it is a new property and some of the rooms have that "fresh paint" smell, which I assume will fade. And the shower did not shut all the way, because of a measurement mistake in the renovation.
We loved the netflix feature on the television. I wish all Marriott properties had this.
Overall, I was very happy with everything and absolutely will stay again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
HIExpressHerndon, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Glad you had an opportunity to stay with us and experience our wonderful team. We look forward to your return.
Veronica Marcus
AGM

Reviewed December 5, 2016 via mobile

Pros
1) Great Breakfast menu that is available till late during the weekend
2) Helpful and Friendly staff
3) Shuttle service available (pre inform for pickup from airport)
4) Room size is decent
5) Bang opposite the mall which gives it access to supermarket, eateries, spas etc

Cons
1) NO GUEST LAUNDRY
2) Bad Wireless

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2016 via mobile

This little hotel is a great value with a location convenient for shopping and restaurants. Lydia and Mary are two of the best Holiday Inn employees I've ever met. They really made our stay wonderful for myself and the kids. We will be coming back again the next time we are in the area. Another note the breakfast is actually very good for a complimentary breakfast bar.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2016

Clean room and bathroom with decent space. With microwave and fridge. Old TV. Entrance is being renewed. Relatively good breakfast (fruits (apples), cereals, cinnamon rolls, omelet, yogurt, pancake (was empty at the moment but it should usually work), bacon, biscuits, coffee/tea, sausage). Many food options and drugstore at short walking distance (sidewalk available). Good deal for this location. Old style elevator.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family