1,289 results
All reviewsgeorge and marthamade to order breakfasttwo swansfront deskevening receptiondulles airportfree happy hourfrench toastbreakfast was deliciousomeletbreakfast staffthe entire staffexcellent staybusiness traveldc areathe shuttle driverliving room
Reviewed July 11, 2018

My family and I stayed at this hotel for one night at the end of a 2 week vacation. We checked in around 8pm and had to leave the next morning for a 5am flight back home so our stay was less than 12 hours. Jose was at the front desk when we checked in and was nice enough to give us the corner suite which was a 1 BD suite with a mini fridge.
I also want to mention that Jose gave us great customer service. There was some confusion with our ride to Dulles airport which he arranged for us since their hotel shuttle hours started later in the morning. I wrote Jose an email and explained the situation and he accommodated my request to rectify the situation. I am very grateful to him for going out of his way to help. My son and I also really enjoyed watching George and Martha swim around. They are really beautiful but huge swans and thought they could use a larger enclosure to swim in.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

This is a very bland hotel. I’m not saying it was bad but neither was it good, it was just bland. It needs salt or salsa or something to spice it up. The evening reception was acceptable, nothing great but acceptable. The room was ok but I expect the room to be at a minimum “OK”. So if you need a place to sleep and want nothing extra, this could be your place. I was looking for something that would make me say “WOW” All I can say is “WOW, this place is average.”

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
sherri_cooper, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your stay with us. We strive to “wow” every guest with outstanding service and clean rooms. George and Martha our Royal Swans are very welcoming and love to take photos with our guests. I hope that you will stay with us on your next visit to Dulles.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

The General Manager, Sherri Cooper, is the problem behind authorizing credit cards for amounts not due the hotel (SEE OTHER BAD REVIEWS). Called her to address an unauthorized charge on the card and bad room conditions, and before I was finished speaking, she said, "I'm finished," and hung up.

Before she hung up she was 100% non-apologetic and defensive, and made it clear that she thinks it's your obligation as a guest to inspect the room and consult the hotel front desk about things that are wrong with the room. **When and ONLY when the hotel or Hilton has a consulting contract with the guest where the guest is paid for those services does the guest have an obligation to tell the front desk about problems so they can fix them. When management tries to tells you it's your obligation to tell them about problems so they have an opportunity to fix them, tell them they had that opportunity BEFORE you got there. Especially when you check into a hotel late at night and you're probably pretty tired, it's quite impractical to start dealing with the hotel staff who may or not be able to help you. Bottom line, when the room isn't right, it's THEIR fault, not yours.

The rooms in this hotel are VERY dark and they use the lowest possible wattage in the lamps, so you can barely see anything. Maybe they're hoping you don't notice the dirty towels, linens, pillows and disgusting stains on the drapery. The food quality at breakfast is sub-par - the bread is the cheapest possible kind, the fruit is not fresh, it's canned, the potatoes are rubbery and hard....

And to top it all off, they have two gorgeous swans being held captive in very DIRTY water - a tiny pond with no greenery and no life beyond going back and forth ten feet in a dark indoor space. This should be considered animal abuse.

Room Tip: Stay away! There are other good hotels in the area.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
sherri_cooper, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It was nice to speak with you and review the late check out charge. The hotel charges a half day rate for checking out past 3 pm. I am glad my team was able to accommodate the late departure you requested. I hope you will come back on your next visit to Dulles.

Reviewed July 8, 2018

Always a pleasant, fuss free stay. I stay here often because my niece lives in the area. Weekend rates are so reasonable. The hotel is clean and convenient.Evening Reception is also a great perk after a long drive.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed July 5, 2018

My wife and I stayed here for 8 nights visiting relatives in the area. We had previously stayed at the Sheraton in Reston, but there was a special price for this Embassy Suites so thought we would try it. WE ARE SO GLAD WE DID! From the monment we entered, we were greeted with the nicest people, and we arrived on a Friday night at 1am! And every employee we met from then on would bend over backwards to help us with any question we had. This means from the front desk staff to the absolute nicest shuttle drivers, to the cleaning staff, and breakfast staff. Absolutely incredible. Jose, Gabbi, and everyone else, thank you for making our stay so fantastic. We will definitely be back!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family