All reviews outback steakhouse choice hotels yogurt free breakfast decent hotel metro station rental car front desk staff was very friendly breakfast room the king size bed free shuttle coffee maker definitely stay here again hotel is clean we've stayed nice breakfast silver line
Reviewed July 21, 2017

First impressions are not always correct. In a world without bellhops, doors that open easily for either luggage carriers or carts are nice. This hotel did not have the standard covered entrance and the side ones were hard to get into. However, the room, in general, more than made up for this. I had a third floor room at the end of the hall - normally not my favorite, but the room was quite spacious, the king size bed had five nice pillows, the frige was COLD, and the work space was in the "L" of the room - all very nice, The sink looked like it came from a movie featuring the rich and famous, though I have to say that while the shower water was hot, the sink water was luke warm at best.
The hotel had a nice breakfast, which varied the two mornings I was there. It also had an overflow room which helped as many guests seemed to join me for a last minute breakfast.
I may well stay here again when back at the area,

Room tip: try for the back of the hotel - the street is close by and always busy,
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2017

Free airport shuttle bus fast and reliable. Hotel about 10 minutes from the airport subject to traffic. Room size was fine and free breakfast was ok. Our first experience of a Comfort Inn and good enough for an overnight.

Reviewed June 19, 2017

We have stayed in a number of Choice Hotels in this area. This was one of the best! The hotel and the room were very clean and tidy. The staff was friendly and efficient. They were having a computer issue, but the desk clerk handled our check in without getting flustered and got us in our room quickly. It's in a fairly quiet neighborhood, but close to needed amenities.The breakfast was better than most! A special compliment to the young lady working in the breakfast room: There was a huge crowd and some of them were not so very patient and friendly. But she handled everything quickly, efficiently and kept a smile on her face! Thank you! We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to the area.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2017

I'm honestly mystified by some of the poor reviews: my flight from DFW was delayed 4 hours and I ended up unexpectedly needing a hotel room near the airport at 1am. I was cheerfully welcomed by the receptionist and quickly got to my room and was wondering what was in store from all the reviews I'd read. To my pleasant surprise I found an immaculately clean room (I'm married to someone with OCD and I know the difference between my clean and her clear, and this was her clean).
I crawled into bed and was again pleasantly surprised by how comfortable the bed and pillows were. My only criticism was that the room was not as dark as I would have preferred but that is a common problem in hotel with bright lights outside.
The brand of coffee in the coffee maker was reasonable but the breakfast was something I looked at then chose to ignore and went to Starbucks but I can't fault free food.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed May 23, 2017

UN COMFORT INN WASHINGTON DULLES INTERNATIONAL Herndon, VA

I was there on 5/16/17. After checking in at about 5:30 pm I went out for dinner.
Came back and worked for an hour completing and sending off my report.
Went back out to the 7 Eleven store and came back with a six pack of beer to drink while watching game three of the NBA western conference final.
After taking my shower, opened a beer and turned on the tv to watch the game.
SURPRISE ! The channel,was not coming on. I checked the channel list card and noticed that ESPN was listed. I called the front desk and told her the problem I was having. She turned her tv to that channel and verified that it was the right channel number as she was able to see the game. She told me that she was going to send over their maintenance person.
About 10 minutes later I called again as nobody has come over and I was missing the game. That's when she dropped the bomb on me, "sorry we don't have anybody to come over now" she said.
I told her that I really wanted to watch the game, and asked her to switch me to another room. She declined. At that time I got really upset because it was a Tuesday night and the hotel had rooms available.
I am a Choice Hotel gold member and normally I choose Comfort inn. Well that night I came to realized that COMFORT is not just a good bed. I did not sleep well, the next day I did not even bother to eat their breakfast.
My personal note to management, because of my job I travel to that area every year. You can rest assured that I will never again will stay at your UNCOMFORT INN.

Room tip: Remember comfort is not just a comfortable bed.
Date of stay: May 2017