All reviews breakfast and dinner full kitchen living room dulles international airport fitness room clean rooms front desk staff business travel home away from home hot tub park and fly complimentary breakfast convenient location definitely stay here again dc area fitness center air and space museum
Reviewed September 9, 2018

Very, very good staff, who do their best to make it pleasant to stay. Location well suited for business travelers, with major highways and Dulles airport close, but not intrusive. Facilities very well maintained and very clean.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank north-hills-resident
Reviewed September 8, 2018

We stayed here over the Labor Day weekend.
Our room was clean and fresh. The bed was comfortable and the air conditioning worked very well in hot muggy weather. The shower was hot with good pressure. Recently remodeled, this hotel offers a hot breakfast with good variety and the pool is large which was nice for our grandsons.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Chose this hotel as it’s close to National Air and Space Museum. Reserved a double queen bed suite. Given a double bed accessibility suite instead, a downgrade, at the same price. I did not realize the beds were so small until after my teens were asleep.

As we are all grown adult bodies sharing the beds it was hurting my back. I asked to change rooms at 11:30pm and clerk wouldn’t because he said we were in a queen suite already and there were no other queen suites. I told him they were double bed. He argued and said no, they were queens, he even saw an invoice last year when the hotel purchased new king and queen mattresses. We definitely were in uncomfortable, old double mattresses. Instead of working it out, he grabbed two glasses in front of him and started to walk away from me, ending our conversation and leaving me there (I was calm, so it wasn’t like he was leaving a heated situation).

Between 1:30-2:30am I stayed down in the main area as I couldn’t sleep in the small bed and my back was hurting. Clerk saw me. At 3pm I took a pillow to my truck to sleep. Clerk saw me leave. At 4am was woken by emergency vehicles arriving at the hotel. Came inside and clerk spoke to me again. I finally was exhausted enough to sleep for 1.5h.

Went downstairs with my husband first thing in the morning and the same clerk said the smaller beds were completely unacceptable and he would work to resolve the issue immediately. I asked why he didn’t do that at any time during the evening when he saw me multiple times. Why did he listen to my husband and not me?

So, instead of going to the museum with my family, I stayed back at the hotel to sleep for a couple hours so I could function the rest of the day. But, because we are from another country, we don’t have phone plans so I can’t contact my husband to come back to get me and I have no food or drink.

That’s my experience. Even if they comp me the rooms, they cannot make up for me sleeping in the parking lot, lying to me, and most of all, taking away my one day travel plans with my family.

On the plus side the breakfast was nice and the shower pressure was the best I’ve ever experienced in my life. So if you’re a female and you don’t mind not being listened to, not helped when you’ve asked for help and sleeping in the parking lot, then this hotel is for you.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Kurt L, Manager at Homewood Suites Dulles International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review of The Homewood Suites Washington/Dulles. We are sincerely sorry to hear of the issues you experienced during your stay here. Please know your comments have been shared with each team member and each department will be following up to ensure this does not happen to our future guests. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2018

Stayed one night. The Evening Social was filling enough for a dinner, room very comfortable and quiet - and breakfast was great! Staff in kitchen did a good job with food and service. Clean and convenient location near Dulles.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2018

Very quiet hotel to be located near the airport, frinendly staff and one of the better complimentary breakfasts I’ve had. Convenient location for restaurants and local attractions. Great looking pool and fitness center

• Trip type: Travelled on business