“Very nice dinner”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2016

My college aged son and I dined here earlier this week. We received a very friendly welcome. Everyone was pleasant and attentive. We selected the Teriyaki meals which were both delicious and plentiful.

The only other time I have eaten at Matsutake was with colleagues at lunchtime for the sushi buffet. This is a very popular lunch spot but the sushi selection was plentiful and of a high quality.

I would certainly dine here again.

Reviewed October 25, 2016

This is a great place to dine. It is located in a busy mall so be prepared to find crowds there. The chef did perform some show and it was quite entertaining. It is good place to have friends and family as well as kids. A group of 8-10 would take a table all to your party.

Reviewed October 13, 2016 via mobile

I ordered the Spider Roll and Chicken Teriyaki. The roll came out first and looked good. But upon my first bite I quickly realized the food was cold, raw and uncooked, stomach turner. The chicken in the teriyaki on the otherhand was fine and the greens were just ok. Not rushing back there.

Reviewed September 26, 2016

The food was very good but typical of any other Japanese Steak House. The facility is very nice. Service is poor. I had to shout for our waitress to order and to pay. Sushi was nice but again nothing special.

Reviewed August 25, 2016

The sushi buffet is undoubtedly very popular, judging from the packed restaurant during peak lunch time from Monday to Friday. They offer the same sushi buffet on Saturday too but I've only been there during the week. The selections are decent, the price is a bit lower than one similar place at the Reston Town Center, and the service is quick without frills. It has a hot buffet selections, mainly your typical Korean hot food (beef bulgogi, fried rice, stir fry veggies, deep fried pork dumpling, etc), cold salad bar that includes 2-3 types of kimchi and fruits (usually melons and oranges), and then sushi buffet that has maybe 10-15 selections of sushi.

For dinner, they offer ala carte and you can only do hibachi although I can't comment on this since I've never tried the hibachi. The ala carte dinner's choices were typical, tempura, sushi boat, bento box, teriyaki, etc. Nothing to write home about. Go for the sushi buffet.