“Very nice place to stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Bedroom #2
Master Bedroom's bathroom
Basement Bathroom
Master bathroom
Hallway bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
PattyVA
Northern Virginia, Virginia
“Disappointment, think twice before renting”
Reviewed April 18, 2018 for a stay in April 2018
people found this review helpful

First off, let me be clear. I live locally. I recently had 10 people travel to the area to visit for a long weekend. Finding somewhere to accommodate a large group in this area for a reasonable price is definitely a challenge. Fairfax County is, after all, one of the most expensive counties in the country to live. While this house wasn’t our first choice, it fit the bill. I had a full itinerary planned for the long weekend so we just needed somewhere for everyone to sleep comfortably, and space to hang out after our days of sightseeing and exploring the area.
So, imagine my disappointment and anger when arriving at the home after picking up the last of my guests to learn that those who had already arrived had found cockroaches pouring out of the dishwasher and crawling around the kitchen. Further inspection noted no working smoke detectors on a three floor home. Hello, is this even monitored or regulated?!? No railings along the 6-8 steps to the lower level of the home and barely enough towels to go around.
Yes, the owner was contacted immediately and pest control was sent out the next day. And a contractor sent out the day after that to install smoke detectors.
Part of the cost of the rental included a $250 “cleaning fee.” My guests were told that they “couldn’t get into the home until it was cleaned” on the day they arrived. Somehow cockroaches crawling around the kitchen leaves little to be desired of the “cleaning” that reportedly occurred.
Again, I am local. While I did not see the inside of the home before my group occupied it, I drove by to make sure it was in a decent location. What’s sad is that it’s in a great spot (10-15 minutes from Reston, a very pretentious planned community in Fairfax County and 5-10 minutes from Fair Oaks, an equally nice area). Homes are expensive here. Expectations are high in this area. The homes in the neighborhood where this house is located are large and likely in the 800K and upwards range.
So, imagine my extreme disappointment in knowing a home that lacks basic safety devices and basic cleanliness in an area where I thought my group would be enjoying a “treat” of staying in a nice home in a nice area. Instead, time that we could have spent visiting and enjoying the area was wasted making numerous calls to the owner and fretting over staying in a home that wasn’t safe and infested with bugs. It still angers me to no end.
Sadly, it sounds as if my group will only receive the maximum $500 refund. If at all. Shameful on the part of the owner and the company he uses to manage this property. And even more disappointing as I’ve used Trip Advisor for countless trips over the years and rarely have I been steered wrong. But, perhaps we should have been clued in when the most recent review was nearly two years ago. Maybe more poor reviews that never made it public?!?! You decide.

UkIstrave...
NY
“Very nice place to stay ”
Reviewed June 30, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Love the place and so do my guests.
We spent about 5 days with a big group of friends together. We enjoyed especially the pool and pool table. That's many chairs to sit and running space for the kids.
Ty was very help to answer my questions before I came in and fixed the grill for us and show us how to turn in the lights outside the deck.
The only one thing to improve is a hair dryer in the bathroom.
We definitely rent it again if we going to Virginia again

1 Jul 2016
Hi Uki,

We are glad that you and your friends enjoyed our place. We will definitely consider your suggestion of adding the hair dryers in the bathroom. Thank you for being a wonderful tenant and left the house really clean. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Ty Truong
bmetts467
Starkville, Mississippi
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed June 22, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

We were looking for a house for 10 people and found an excellent one!! We wanted to take our children, grandchildren, and friends on a trip to DC. We wanted at least 5 bedrooms and 3 baths and found it here. The in ground pool/grill area was an extra bonus. This house was close enough to DC to drive in for touring visits, but far enough away to give us peace and quiet after a full day of sighseeing.

We found after the first night we needed more towels. I texted Ty and he took care of this the next day - even checking to see how many we needed.

The kitchen was fully equipped, except for a baking sheet. we Took care of that and left it at the house for the next occupant.

The rec room downstairs was thoroughly enjoyed and used by the younger members of the group.

The Wifi even met with approval from my IT sons (which is hard to do!)

My only suggestion would be to perhaps on the stairs (there are 3 levels in the house), would be to explore if there was perhaps a way to put some type of railing on the longer runs of steps. I had some health issues,which left me not as agile as usual and had to at certain points having to request help in some of the stairs. Other than that I have nothing but praise for this house.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the room and space-especially rec room and pool area
Liked least: stairs
Large groups People with pets
28 Jun 2016
Hi Brenda,

Thank you for staying with us and left the house in such a clean condition. I will consider your suggestions for future references. We are glad that you enjoyed our place and made the most of it while visiting DC area.

Thanks again,

Ty Truong
BeckyH720...
Eagle, Idaho
“Nice house - great location”
Reviewed July 16, 2015 for a stay in June 2015

We stayed in the house for 3 weeks with a group of friends coming and going--the house accommodated 5 couples very well. The location is close to Dulles Airport, a 10-minute drive to the Metro, and a good starting point for day trips (ie, Monticello, Gettysburg). The house is set on about 2 acres and although it's in a residential area, we saw deer, rabbits, lots of birds, and even a skunk. Ty was very responsive to any questions we had; a pleasure to work with. There's a pool, pool table, separate family room, and a ping pong table. I highly recommend this rental.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Ann H
Oak Harbor, Washington
“Fabulous location and home”
Reviewed June 27, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Wonderful rental close to Dulles airport and the Metro. Although it looks quite plain when you drive into the driveway, it's very elegant inside. Great place to entertain friends and family during our son's wedding week. Many sitting areas and chairs both inside and out. Great to have the poolside grill, screened in porch, and the extra refridgerator and freezer in the garage. Nicely decorated and appointed. Pool and lawn were perfect for setting up croquet, and badminton. Pool was lovely though a bit cold. Could use some kitchen towels and pot holders. We highly recommend this rental. Thank you Ty!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
29 Jun 2015
Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that you enjoy the place and hope that you can refer us to your friends in the future. Please let us know if you plan to come back as well.
Diana N
Annandale, Virginia
“Comfortable and Fun House For Friends & Family”
Reviewed April 18, 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Ty (House Owner), he was really nice and responsive. He answered any questions that I had right away. The house was beautiful. Right when I stepped in, it made me feel like home. Everything was very comfortable and warm. The rooms are really nice and I enjoyed staying in the Master Bedroom. Everything in the house was super clean. My favorite room was the game room. My friends and family played pool and ping pong. The stereo system was awesome too. Overall, this house is really suitable for friends, family and children. I look forward to renting it out again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The game room and the backyard
Liked least: The grill was very dirty, so I had to use the oven to bake the meats for the BBQ.
Your age range 18-24
Large groups
19 Apr 2015
We are glad that Diana and her friends enjoyed their stay and we look forward to have them coming back again.
Columbia, Maryland, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Clean and spacious. Very modern. Pool.
Liked least: No hot tub
Large groups
15 Sep 2014
Thank you for staying at our place. We will definitely need to think about the hot tub situation and hopefully we can add that feature in our home in the future. Thank you for keeping our place so neat and clean as it was your own.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing