“Pleasant and Plentiful”

Tony's Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #9 of 33 Restaurants in Hillsville
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

I arrived with party of 5 around 2:00. Advised by our relatives from the area to pass on the pizza buffet and order from the menu. Everyone ordered individual pizzas with no complaints. I tried the lasagna which came with salad bar. The salad was fresh and had an ample variety of regular salad items plus some great tasting pasta items. The lasagna sauce was very good, the body of the lasagna tasty but not the best I have ever had. I believe I would have enjoyed a pizza better and if given an opportunity to revisit, that is my plan. Had I dined alone, I might have rated 3 stars, but seeing how tasty the pizza looked, I think it deserves 4 stars.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

The Tony's lunch buffet was amazing. It started with very fresh green leaf lettuce and a stacked salad bar. It included pasta and chicken dishes, and of course a bunch of great pizzas. They even asked us if there were any types of pizza we wanted and they would make it for the buffet. The price for the buffet was less than $7.

I asked if Tony was there, and they said "no, not today. He's in Italy for a couple of weeks." That's a pretty good sign that they know Italian food. Tony was likely getting some continuing education credits.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Have eaten here two or three times. Eggplant Parm was well done but Service was very slow all three times

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

It was a lucky find.. we were staying at a local motel and were looking for something other than fast food. We really enjoyed our meal and the service was very good. The prices were very reasonable.

1  Thank William B
Reviewed 21 June 2017

We like to avoid chain restaurants when we travel so we opted for Tony's. The wait staff was great, very friendly. The menu had a lot of good options. They also had a pizza buffet which included pizzas with different toppings, some pastas and a dessert pizza. We decided to order entrees from the menu. Salads were decent. I had the shrimp alfredo which was good, but the sauce was a bit watery. The price was right, tho, and we had a nice, relaxing time.