All reviews two doubles low end room was clean convenient location fort lee quiet area exercise room early check third floor front desk staff would stay here again long drive i'm glad two queen beds waffle maker free breakfast arrived late
Reviewed October 19, 2018

Pretty much always stay at Marriotts, this one need maintenance and housekeeping. After check-in, fast and friendly we walk to the elevator and as we go past housekeeping's room I see the wood around the lock is splintered. Did not give me a warm fuzzy feeling! I'm sure that there is a logical reason for the door being busted but if a new door was needed it would go a long way for customers perception to replace it. Our room was nice, standard Marriott, but the bathroom needs maintenance to fix the curling wallpaper and the mold or black dirt under the sealant between the tub and wall

Date of stay: October 2018
YonnaB3, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. As we continue to renovate our property, we have identified the upgrades necessary from replacing doors to wallpaper. We will actually have completely new bathrooms with glass enclosures as well as new vanities and mirrors. We are excited about the changes that have been happening and recognize we have a long way to go. Stay tuned. We hope to be finished by May 2019!

Reviewed September 15, 2018

Room was Ok. But there was an odd smell in entrance area on West side of building. Area beside hotel is abandon. Night activity in the adjacent parking lot with 18 wheelers parking. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was OK. Hotel needs work. Tub and sink drains were almost clogged. Yuk:

Room tip: Eastside of hotel. Away from Interstate side
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
YonnaB3, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

Hi Ron. Sorry to hear you were displeased with your recent stay. We do appreciate the feedback and welcome it. Thank you for letting us know how we can improve. While we do not own the adjacent land, we do not experience issues from the restaurant patrons, the truck drivers, nor those visiting the city's welcome center. I hope that next time you are in the area you will be able to visit us after our current renovation is complete. Again, we appreciate your feedback. Have a great day.

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

I had to book a last minute stay to accommodate my husband’s work schedule. I needed to coordinate and confirm early check-in for the room. I called the front desk in the middle of the night and was pleasantly surprised and impressed by the professionalism and kindness extended to me by Michelle. She took the time to ensure she understood all of my needs then cross-referenced the room inventory. She ensured every detail was confirmed and annotated in the reservation. When we arrived she had personally conveyed the all of the details to the oncoming front desk staff. This made our check-in process streamlined and stress free! We will book again at this hotel in the future because of her amazing customer centric service!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
YonnaB3, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hopewell, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2018

Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate hearing great stories like this. Michelle is one of our rising stars and new to this industry, but not customer relations. She is a rock star with our guests and I thank you for recognizing her gifts. Please let us know when you return. I would love to meet you personally and say hello!

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

I normally like to stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites and this was nothing like any other I have stayed in. There were cracks in the tub, the toilet seat was dingy and falling apart, the desk chair completely torn apart, hair was left in the shower, there was no remote in the room, and the ironing board had no cover and to fix the problem I was given a mini, table board. The hotel was very outdated and dingy. The only plus was the breakfast was decent and the staff courteous.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

I wish I had read reviews before reserving. I always do.. but in the rush to book I assumed I was ok with a Marriot. Wrong. The hotel hallways are steaming hot and muggy. The halls needed a good vaccum. The rooms carpets are gross. The elevator didn't work when we arrived late after driving over 12 hours.. so we had to lug our heavy suitcases upstairs. Dirty and stained. Bathroom floors felt Grimey. Bathroom was so small I couldn't close the door without straddling the toilet. I honestly felt as if I was at a red carpet inn... Not a Marriot. Only thing going for this place was the staff. I found them all super friendly. Remodel or close. How do you charge so much for such an awful place?

Date of stay: May 2018