All reviews fort lee great hotel upon check complimentary breakfast was very good walking distance cookies beds were very comfortable pleasant stay excellent stay army base housekeeping staff night stay would definitely stay here again convenient location inns richmond cleanliness
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This place was a breath of fresh air after moving from a nightmare hotel (Do NOT stay at the Candlewood Suites in Colonial Heights! Don’t do it!); the staff was friendly and the hotel is located very close to the base. Housekeeping was very detailed-oriented and I was pleased when they restored my room with complimentary supplies daily without me running low or having to ask for anything. The rooms were very quiet and I slept very soundly. The front desk personnel made a point to say hello when I arrived or wish me well for the day as I was leaving for the five days I stayed. I had to miss celebrating Halloween with my family while I was away for work so it cheered me to get a little holiday candy from one of the staff members.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The Hampton Inn Hopewell was clean and comfortable. The staff were exceptional and very nice. I was missing a hair dryer and the front desk manager immediately went and got me one. I missed the free breakfast unfortunately due to work. Well situated right off the major highways. I would definately stay here again!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
IanM5717, General Manager at Hampton Inn Petersburg / Hopewell, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Lisa B,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to complete the on-line survey for the Hampton Inn by Hilton Petersburg/Hopewell VA. We appreciate your feedback and always like to hear from our guests as we accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff did what they could to ensure you were taken good care of! I'm sorry you missed out on our complimentary Hampton breakfast but I do suggest to ask the front desk for an On the go bag next time you do stay at a Hampton Inns! Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn by Hilton - Hopewell and we hope to see and hear from you again! Have a wonderful week!

Reviewed October 27, 2018

The hotel room was clean, the bed was comfortable and my overall experience was very good. I would recommend this hotel to a friend. The hotel is in a great location for anyone planning to visit Fort Lee Army base.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
IanM5717, General Manager at Hampton Inn Petersburg / Hopewell, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2018

Dear Karent,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to complete the on-line survey for the Hampton Inn by Hilton Petersburg/Hopewell VA. We appreciate your feedback and always like to hear from our guests as we accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one.We thank you again for the great rating you gave us! We would like to know what impacted you the most during your time staying with us and what we did well to get such amazing score rating from you! Any input would be amazing because we want to be able to provide the same amazing experience and service you received to all of our future guests! Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn by Hilton - Hopewell and we hope to see and hear from you again! Have a wonderful week!

Reviewed October 14, 2018

I gave the overall rating of the property as average as the hard product was not really that great but the service was great.

Reception was always very nice and helpful and no request was a problem. Pretty much the same attitude with all employees that I encountered.

The rooms where pretty dingy, while I wouldn't call them dirty there was definitely a musty smell to them and just not very nice overall. I would say they are a notch below the average Hampton Inn room.

Breakfast was pretty typical and was surprisingly not very busy. It was a pleasant breakfast area.

The fitness area consisted of a one treadmill and a scale.

The area around the property has good access to the interstate and there is various retail outlets nearby.

I am not saying I would never stay here again but would look elsewhere first next time.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
IanM5717, General Manager at Hampton Inn Petersburg / Hopewell, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to complete the on-line survey for the Hampton Inn by Hilton Petersburg/Hopewell VA. We appreciate your feedback and always like to hear from our guests as we accommodate many guests each evening and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. We thank you for your honest review of your stay at our property. We are genuinely happy to see that you enjoyed your stay because of the service our staff provides! I greatly appreciate your feedback about the rooms. I will discuss this with my team and do what is needed to ensure a better, more comfortable experience to all our current and future guests! We thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn by Hilton - Hopewell and we hope to see and hear from you again in the near future! Have a wonderful week!

Reviewed September 15, 2018

Excellent staff. Walking distance to a lot of restaurants and other shops. Beautiful scenery and we would definitely recommend staying here to anyone traveling that way. The complimentary breakfast was very good. The desk was very informative on any questions we had about the stay and the area we were traveling to.

Date of stay: September 2018