My wife and I recently returned from a 3 night 4 day Mini-Moon stay at the Homestead and it was the perfect retreat from wedding stress and city living caos. As this was our 2nd stay we knew what we were getting ourselves into, and already look forward to our next stay.
We booked a Jr. Suite, which we received as a free upgrade (nice surprise!). Between the amazing hiking trails, numerous activities, daily tea served butler style at 3pm and great dining you'll still have time to lounge and enjoy this Hotels Historic Southern Charm. Prices are comparable to DC, NYC dinners for the two of us ranged from $70-$160 depending on how many drinks we consumed. Lunch ranged from $40-$60 and the breakfast buffet (which is HUGE) is $25 per person.
Every hotel employee we interacted with was extremely helpful, pleasant and went above and beyond to assure our stay was excellent.
I do suggest booking dinner reservations, spa treatments and activites in advance as they tend to book quickly.
To end, yes the Homestead is difficult to get to (you're in the middle of no where in between mountains) and that's why its a great place to go!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since 1766, The Omni Homestead is one of America's most storied resorts, offering unparalleled hospitality and southern charm in a 2,000-acre setting within the Allegheny Mountains of southwestern Virginia. Renowned for its natural hot springs, The Homestead is distinguished by 483 luxurious guest rooms and suites, 72,000 square feet of meeting space, a wide array of fine and casual dining choices, an expansive spa, championship golf courses that include one of the nation's finest mountain courses (The Cascades), Allegheny Springs, a two-acre family-friendly water attraction complete with lazy river, water slides and water play zone. The resort also offers the South's first downhill ski area, an Equestrian Center, top-rated Shooting Club, archery, canoeing, falconry, Segway tours and a wealth of other recreational attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your The Omni Homestead Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Hotel Hot Springs
- Homestead Va
- Homestead Hot Springs Virginia
- Homestead Hot Springs Va
- Homestead Resort Hot Springs
- The Omni Homestead Resort Virginia/Hot Springs