6,125 results
All reviews the main dining room jefferson restaurant history tour ice skating homestead resort carriage ride horseback riding trout spa services breakfast buffet lobby bar gorge hike sam snead's tavern southern charm jefferson pools casino restaurant garden wing
Reviewed February 18, 2010

Being a person that grew up with a family that rented houses on the beach or did the economy vacations, The Homestead is a wonderful experience. I have stayed there twice and a third has been reserved. My wife has used the spa. While she would not say it's at the top of her list, the service was wonderful and they do have a wide range of services.
The entire staff is friendly and strives to meet your needs. My 6 year old son had a wonderful time with the events the staff provides to kids. He couldn't have been happier to swim in the morning, have an up close experience with falcons in the afternoon, ice skate in the evening and a couple games of bowling before bed. I have yet to hit the links but will try my luck later this year.
This is place to get away from the crazy business that we live in. There are few places that I can go and recharge my battery. The Homestead is one of those places.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
TheHomesteadResort, Manager at The Omni Homestead Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2010

Dear FSMinVA
Thank you for your review of The Homestead. We are so glad you and your family enjoyed your time here. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed February 9, 2010

Just completed a long weekend at the Homestead, and it was fantastic. There was a problem with our room when we arrived, but before our bags even made it to the door, Giuseppe at the front desk had fixed everything. The new room had a great view of the snow-capped grounds, a comfy bed that wasn't too soft, and an elegant feel.

I usually don't do "all inclusive" type deals, but given the array of options, it probably would've been a good choice. Great for couples and families who want to have some fun. As other reviewers have mentioned, they really do their best to nickel and dime you, so know that in advance. The only real problem with the grounds is a lack of dining options. It was all pretty generic.

As an important note: do NOT use Google maps for directions. Just reference their web site's directions page.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
TheHomesteadResort, manager at The Omni Homestead Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2010

Dear itsmrdean:
Thank you for posting your review about The Homestead. I am glad that your issue with your room was resolved quickly and met your expectations. With all the snow that we have had lately the views are really breathtaking from our rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 16, 2010

Nice hotel with friendly staff. I loved being warmed by the fireplaces. The food is a little overpriced at the hotel, but very tasty.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2010

My boyfriend and I went to the Homestead for a last-minute New Year's weekend getaway. We booked very last minute, got a great deal ($100 less than what we have been quoted the week before), and enjoyed a final bit of holiday cheer. The resort was still decked out for the holidays, fireplaces were going in the Great Hall, snow was falling and along with the excellent staff and southern hospitality, it was a magical time and great to start 2010.

We are frequent travelers with high standards and were not disappointed with any aspect of our stay. A couple of areas that could stand improvement, but not show stoppers. 1) Indoor pool is a great option, but it needs to be (more) heated during wintertime - brrrr!. If not possible, perhaps provide some additional heating in pool area or even hot drinks - cider? 2) Pool area needs some attention - was messy and understaffed - floor looks like it could use a touch-up. 3) Provide more options, especially on weekend nights, for later night dining. We enjoyed a casual dinner at the Casino, but we closed the place down at 9PM.

One final comment, as has been noted by others, it is easy to feel that you're being nickled & dimed for many things. I justified this in part that we didn't partake of any type of package that would've provided savings and also that this is a huge, historic site and must be expensive to run. Although we didn't partake of any packages, they do seem to offer some savings.

Overall, a wonderful experience and easy getaway from D.C. area. We've already booked a return trip for Valentine's Day!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We absolutely LOVED the Homestead. It has everything to offer to those that want to relax or be busy all of the time.My husband and I went to the Homestead to relax, have some great food, read some books, and we returned home VERY satisfied. The hotel and its staff were incredible - especially with the snowstorm that occurred while we were there - over 20 inches of snow!! The hotel managed to keep operating; and we had some of the best food and service ever - we travel quite a bit and I have to say that the food and service in 1766 were INCREDIBLE!!! The romance and tradition of the Dining Room (dancing, etc) were terrific too; and even the casual food in the Casino Club was very good. My only complaint was the heater in our room - very noisy. The bed was comfy, room clean, although the bathroom could use a new shower curtain and wall paper! We did get a REALLY terrific room rate - shop for a good rate as you WILL spend money on the food and amenities - but it's all worth it. Don't miss the tea in the Great Hall and visit the spa for some relaxation too! Nice gym also!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple