“Yum”

Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in Kilmarnock
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2017

Small, quaint restraunt. Very friendly owner & staff. We had the green bean appetizer. It was absolutely scrumptious.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

My gluten free spouse and I went to Thai Pot for the first time this weekend. As some have said, the food is a bit pricier than other restaurants on the Northen Neck. The freshness, quality of the food, and presentation more than make up for that difference. We had the flounder with green beans special and and mussels&shrimp, both made to our desired level off spiciness. The food arrived quickly but we wouldn't have minded a wait as the seats were comfortable and they had a great live performance of folk songs by a female vocalist named Paige. A great meal in a wonderful setting. We will be back.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

I’m a local and love this restaurant. I eat there at least once or twice a month - sometimes more often. The owner is an exceptional chef and makes every effort to prepare top quality dishes as well as interact with her customers and make each one, old and new, feel welcome and special. I have been a patron for many years - as far back as previous venues - and can attest to the consistent quality of the dishes. Service is sometimes slow but understandably so. Ethnic restaurants in this very rural eastern Virginia venue are not a mainstay and demand is very unstable and variable and such a place can not exist with a large full time staff.... fortunately, the chef/owner is good at forecasting and under staffing is a rare situation. The chef does an excellent job of balancing. The menu is standard Thai but the preparation is traditional rather than “amercanized”. The fresh rolls and Tom Yum are first class and light but very full flavored. The tempuras are extremely light and non-greasy. This is a well prepared and healthy menu. I love the seafood entrees and the “drunken noodles”!

Reviewed 6 April 2017

I was looking for something new to try in the Northern Neck and Thai Pot was suggested. I'm glad I tried it. Service was fast and courteous, food hot and wonderful, and the prices were more or less in line with what I'm used to paying for Thai food, though on the high side. I had the Pad See Iew and my wife had the Pad Thai. My mother had the Pak Pak and my father also had the Pad See Iew. All of us enjoyed our meals and we'll likely eat here again on my next visit.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

Although the food is good, the prices are quite expensive for a Thai restaurant, and service can be very spotty. We've been here about 6 times, over the past 4 years.