“Used to be a good place to eat!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sal's Italian Pizza
Ranked #20 of 32 Restaurants in Kilmarnock
Reviewed October 2, 2017

I dont mind waiting for good food. I called in an order they said to pick it up in 20 min. waited 25 and still wiated over an hour for McDonalds worthy food I'll wait for the new owner to make a difference

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed June 9, 2017

The people are friendly and seem to want to please. The idea of good Italian dishes is not to be found. But it's in the country - in Virginia. They don't know what a stromboli looks like! The ingredients seem mediocre and just not my idea of Italian. Nothing is homemade. That's about it.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed February 13, 2017

the owner is cooking every night and making every pizza to order from the dough to the sauce and the toppings and cheese. Salads are wonderful as are the steak subs and Italian sausage sub.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed January 8, 2017 via mobile

I had work to do at Lancaster Courthouse and decided to head in to Kilmarnock for lunch. I didn't have much time and this was one of the first places I saw. I ordered the day's special... a philly steak and cheese sub that came with fries. It took a long time for my order to arrive. I was the only dining room patron [2 or 3 people came in to pick up carry out orders], and it took over 20 minutes for my food to arrive. The sandwich was good, but the fries tasted like they'd been fried in old grease flavored with fish. I left them on the plate.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed November 27, 2016

The pizza at Sals is the best around. Great sauce and good toppings with plenty of them tossed on the pie. Service is by and large attentive and good. Salads are average for a small town, but that pizza is so good, you won't need anything else. Yum.

Date of visit: November 2016