“Keep looking!”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Keep looking!”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The accomodations for the price were less than desirable! With no other options because the area was sold out of decent hotels, we were stuck for one night in a noisy, dated room. We could hear the guests above us walking around, the toilet ran all night, and didn't need a wake up call because the other hotel guests that were up at 6 am were easily heard just outside our door in the parking lot. It was the closest hotel within 50 miles of our destination. We should have slept in the college dorm!

Room Tip: Stay on the upper level if you have to stay here at all.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 April 2012

This was a distastrous foray into the two star hotel world. Since this was a small town, there were not alot of choices and the prices much higher than in larger cities. This is the second days inn we've ever stayed in, and the last one warranted a one star stay as well. I guess we're done with days inn.

The property was old, the room dark and smelled like smoke. The towels had hair from the previous tenant on it. There was absolutely nothing that made this two night stay enjoyable.

The manager is not even on site. There is a separate office detached from the building. There just seems to be an "I don't care" feel about this entire property. I would not recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Lexington hotels

Norfolk, VA
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My hubby and I stayed here for one night and stayed using our Trip Rewards points. I was very disappointed to find out how much of our rewards were used for this one night for this location. Although the room was relatively clean, the coffee maker was dusty and the coffee pot had coffee residue in it, appearing to simply be rinsed out. The room had some updates to it but still out dated. The room was a nice size and it included a small frig and microwave. Appeared to be < 10 customers there for the night and a slow week for the location. Really just "ok" for one night...I would not want to stay here for longer than a night passing through and would not want to pay premium for this room in high season.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We got a discount coupon at the visitor's center so decided to stay here. It was convenient for town. The hotel was nearly empty; this made it quiet. I could tell that the owner has tried to update it some. It is older and looks it. There was a new sink and commode. However, we had trouble regulating the heat and the shower was unusable because the knob was broken. We didn't learn this until we were ready to shower the next morning. The room was clean and had other amenities (microwave, refrigerator), but is small. It was ok to stay there for the night, but I don't think we will go back there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sparrowssong
Graniteville, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I stayed here one night while passing through the area. I arrrived late without reservations but did not have any problem getting a room. There was less than ten cars in the parking lot. The check in is at the bottom of the hill attached to a pancake house. The motel is at the top of the hill. The motel is older and dated. The room looked worn. The room was clean and I didn't have any problems while there. Breakfast was not included but you did get a discount at the pancake house. The room was reasonably priced at $63 (AAA rate). I would stay here again for an overnight stay. I don't think I would want to stay here longer or if the rates are higher in the summer.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Bvilletravel
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed 12 November 2011

This is a typical 70's style motel with steel door and window frame setup with outdoor corriders.
I stayed just one night on a business trip and plan to stay here next time I need to work in Lexington. The room was small but everything worked well including the wi-fi and the bed was comfortable. The wi-fi worked so well in fact that I was able to download a two hour movie from Amazon in about 10 min. I paid 78.00 for the room which I thought was a little high but I had such a good stay I cant complain. The microfridge was handy also.

Room Tip: If you want a nice view ask for a 3rd floor room on the front side. They do have an elevator.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank FRANKIE569
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 November 2011

This hotel/motel is very dated. Lobby is within an Aunt Sarah's Pancake House in front of the hotel - three level strip hotel with outside room entry. This would have been a fine stay for $79 a night but at $179 I felt violated. There are several hotels 4 miles closer to Lexington Va that are new and probably priced in a similar range. No gym, outdoor pool, no lobby or morning coffee/breakfast, etc. The staff was very nice and no cleanliness issues, but one of the worst values I can remember.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family