“Great customer service! and really nice hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center

Comfort Inn Virginia Horse Center
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Upstate NY
“Great customer service! and really nice hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

I was impressed by the surroundings as I pulled and the desk personnel added to that - while the young man checking me in was obviously new, it did not detract from the check in process - there were folks there to assist him and he was so pleasant. Truly southern hospitality! The room and hallways were lovely, beds very comfortable. Towels were wonderful as were the toiletries. Everything was clean and the grounds were well maintained. We were ther for the AKC Agility Nationals and staff was very friendly to the dogs too - even provided poop disposal bags if we needed them.
Due to early hours at the dog show, we could not partake in the breakfast so I can't comment on that. A fitness room might have added to the hotel!
Free wifi and great TV completed the picture!
I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Just ask! they are very accomodating!
  • Stayed April 2011
5 Thank Pemcorgi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hartford, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

We needed a place to stop over on our way home from Florida and since we have friends in the area that we wanted to meet for breakfast at the Country Cookin' restaurant, this was the perfect spot as it is right in back. We used a coupon from the hotel book and got a decent rate. Check in was smooth and the staff was friendly. I have been to this area several times for work so I understand and appreciate the local southern culture and hospitality. Though I am partial to the Natural Bridge Hotel, this may be my new first choice. Our room was on the second floor (interior hallways) and the elevator was efficient. The room was clean and quiet. It is far enough from the highway that there was no traffic noise. The bathroom was large and clean with the sink inside. I prefer the sink outside the bath so I can get ready while the other person is using the shower/toilet but this was ok. There was pleanty of hot water and good pressure. The rubber duck was a nice touch. The only drawbacks were the noisy exhaust fan that came on automatically with the light and the weird cloth shower curtain that smelled like it had gotten wet and dried too many times. The beds were comfortable and the room included a fridge and microwave as well a coffee maker. Cable TV was good and the internet worked fine. Though we did not use the small indoor pool, it looked well kept and other people were in it. I cannot vouch for breakfast as we met friends next door. I too really liked the horse statue out front . This is a place that I would not mind staying at for a longer period of time.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ybowtie8
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

Not the standard that I am used to for Comfort inn hotels. The rooms smell and the place seems " old and used up "; it is in need of an update. I am used to Comfort inns being nice and pleasant and that is why I choose to stay at them, but that is not the experience at this hotel. I am writing this review at midnight during my stay at the hotel, because I can't wait for morning to come to leave. However, their prices are not cheap.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank Particular74
Fairfield, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2010

This hotel is hidden from the hustle and bustle of the area. We stayed one night and would stay again. The rooms, pool area, breakfast area and lobby was very clean. The staff was very friendly and made us feel like we were old friends. What a nice stay away from home.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank lcbahhur
toronto, ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2010

3rd of 4 different places that we stayed on our recent trip to Virginia and North Carolina.

Room deodorizer on the wall had to be removed and bagged, the smell was noxious. Windows wouldn't open, smell was in the linens - and when the toilet flushed and neighbouring rooms flushed their toilets in the middle of the night the banging would have woke the dead. We recorded it on our blackberry and the GM said "...oh that's just air in the pipes or whatever they call it"

General Manager was incredibly condescending and offered a $10, okay $20 okay what about $30 room rate reduction for no sleep. Being in the hospitality business, I can tell you that I've NEVER experienced anything like it. The other two Comfort Inns and B& B's we stayed in were amazing - but this one? Disgusting. And horrendous customer service from the GM no less :(

Filled out a "how was your trip customer satisfaction survey" heard nothing back. In this day and age, competition, downward travel trends, I can't honestly believe it.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank cdntravel25
mickleton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2010

stayed for 1 night during a trip south to visit family. check in quick and pleasnat, accomadations clean and spacious. excellent breakfast buffet. 11 yr old niece enjoyed the small but clean and heated indoor pool. def would stay again

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2010

Driving from Saint Louis to Fredericksburg, I found myself having to call it a night in Lexington, Virginia. I stopped in here for a price and with a coupon; it was within reason, about $52 for the night. So I checked in.

As I navigated to my room, I came upon the breakfast room which was tastefully decorated. My room was very clean: from the bathroom to the bedding I found the room to be spotless. I was even greeted by a "rubber ducky" with a message awaiting on the bathtub ledge.

In the morning, I made my way to the dining area and made myself a fresh waffle and helped myself to some cereal and yogurt. There was a good variety of items to chose from. I sat in the breakfast room and enjoyed my meal before continuing on my journey.

I loved the ( horse) statue that adorned the property and took several pictures.I found this Comfort Inn to be the nicest one I have ever stayed at. I do not usually stay at this chain, but was so pleased here, that I would stayed here again without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo