“Charming Cottage!”
other travellers have booked this property
Beautiful Carol's Cottage
Carol's Cottage. Comfortable porch with fantastic mountain views.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Carol's Cottage.
Comfortable porch with fantastic mountain views.
Pretty foyer.
Comforable living room with flat screen DISH TV.
Enjoy the piano!
Cozy kitchen.
Dining table extends to seat six comfortably.
Updated appliances.
Two can sit at the counter bar.
Washer/Dryer located off the kitchen.
First floor bedroom. Full bed.
First floor full bath off the bedroom.
Master
Second floor Master bedroom and Queen bed and flat screen TV.
Second floor bathroom with Shower/Tub combo.
Second floor bedroom with twin beds.
The back yard. Perfect for any event.
Back yard.
Back yard.
Front porch view.
Sunset from the front porch.
Beautiful view from the garden. Virginia Horse Center Cross Country course view.
VHC Cross Country event.
VHC
VHC
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

JohnG1962...
Norfolk, Virginia
“Charming Cottage!”
Reviewed May 25, 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Carol's Cottage! The cottage was full of character, clean, convenient and perfect for our annual Spring visit to the area. Carol and Bernie were very accommodating, and we intend to return to this well kept property. thanks for having us, and we'll see you again, soon.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The character of the cottage
Liked least: Can't control the weather I guess!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
26 May 2016
Thanks, John
We enjoyed having you and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Best, Carol and Bernie
MrDanny13...
Uniontown, Ohio
“Friendly Owners, Too (& two) Friendly Cats”
Reviewed May 11, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

First off I don't want to slam Bernie and Carol, they are very nice people. We had a group of 6 and we were welcomed and treated with the utmost respect. My only thing was the 2 cats, partly my fault because I didn't see anything about it on TripAdvisor. My mom and I are very allergic to cats, the smell was not very inviting. My mom went through an entire can of foo-foo spray trying to mask the smell. I actually broke out in a rash from the cat hair (common for me and cats) but this was a tad bit worse than usual because I stayed there 3 days and 2 nights. The 2 cats were always trying to get in, they must live inside because there is an access door for them that was locked off while we were there. The building is very nice and the decor is perfect for the horse-lover. I spent a lot of time looking at painting, collectibles and more. Very nice. State of the art appliances, though I didn't need them. Easy access to everything, close to the hwy., stores and food. I wasn't thrilled driving through a housing project late at night to get there. But I never felt unsafe. I wouldn't stay again based on the cats, but if you love cats, stay there. The people are great the place is very comfortable and convenient.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Convenience to Highway
Liked least: Pet Odor
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
19 May 2015
We are sorry about your car allergies.
In our defense, we have had guests stay with us who were allergic to cats, who had no problems. We have an industrial vac for this purpose.
Beginning in June 2015 we are moving into the Guesthouse next door and the cats will be contained in the Sunroom there. This should solve any future problems.

Regarding the "so called" housing project. There are several groups of Apartments that are located between our property and the Best Western hotel which is located on Rt 39. Lexington real estate prices are above average for the area and these apartments were built to be a partial solution to the problem. We have lived on our property since 2002 and have never had a negative experience with our neighbors. Rockbridge County has good folks.
"Don't judge a book by it's cover".
There are three ways to access our property. If you use a GPS, it will take you through the Apartments and onto Alphin Lane. You can also go Rt. 39 to Alphin or Valley Pike off of Rt. 39 to Alphin.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing