“Will definitely keep this location in mind!”

Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Lexington
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Me and my family stayed a night at this location and found the price very fair, though I must say a word of caution that they did not tell us beforehand about the pet fee. One word that popped into my head when we first began exploring our room and the hotel amenities was "details"- the towels in the bathroom were folded to look like seashells, there was a room off of the lobby where one could get free ice, juices, coffees, and teas (along with creamer/sugar/and the like) at all hours, and the room itself was indeed spotless. We also appreciated the complimentary breakfast available that gave plenty of options, though I can say that we noticed and did not care for the fact that the food attendant kept coughing and such without properly covering her mouth (thankfully the food itself was covered). Lastly, the location is nice, the pool seemed inviting, and the front desk staff were very nice and helpful! The value is worth the price, and I will definitely keep it in mind if we ever go back around this area!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank a l
HuntRidgePlus, General Manager at Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

We offer a great location near the Virginia Horse Center, Virginia Military Institute and Washington and Lee University. I am glad you enjoyed our complementary 24 hour juice and coffee bar as well as our breakfast (which we have just added ten different items such as grapefruit, bananas and a variety of cheeses). We try to add those extra touches to make your stay excellent and not ordinary. We love our pets here and go to great links to make those traveling with pets feel welcome. We hope to see you again.

Jonathan
GM

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge

Reviewed 25 August 2011

We were welcomed with a pleasant your man.Could not get the room key to work,his response to this problem was immediate.Room was well appointed,and quiet surroundings. N.B from Mass.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nancy b

We are all about customer service here at The Best Western Plus Inn at Hunt Ridge. We hire the nicest, smartest and most welcoming people we can find. We want you to have a perfect stay every time. If something happens we want to take care of it the right way. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting Lexington VA where we are just minutes from The Virginia Horse Center, Washington & Lee University, Virginia Military Institute and many Historical Sights. We hope to see you again soon.

Jonathan
GM

Reviewed 25 June 2011

My family and I stayed here three years ago (2008) and had great memories of the stay and hotel overall; however, this time around the visit was all but wonderful. Our room seemed "dirty," and it had an odd smell to it. It's not to say the room was dusty or had dirt everywhere but it just felt as such- perhaps it was the smell.

And when we asked about the motion detector in our room the host at the desk wasn't even sure what it was for- it was odd though. Furthermore the onsite restaurant is now closed (not necessary, but was nice the last time) and the pool was closed for renovation (in the summer time?). The continental breakfast was lacking- and my wife found a hair in her sausage gravy... not cool.

On a good note though- the staff was nice; but I don't think we'll be staying there again.

Room Tip: Ask to see/smell your room prior to staying.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2010

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this BW experience!

Rooms were very nice; comfortable beds; easy access to both I-81 and I-64 and close to the Blue Ridge Parkway.

A little steeper in price with a higher pet fee ($25.00 per night as opposed to the $5.00 the previous night in Winchester, VA) but still worth it for what was offered. Plenty of free parking.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2010

I looked at the reviews for a great many hotels along Rte. 81 in Virginia and many of them sounded old and run down. The BW Inn at Hunt Ridge does not fall into that category. We requested a room on the first floor because we have a pup, but either none were available or their pet rooms are only on the second floor. Regardless, our room was large (despite the fact that the beds were double and not queen), and there was a comfortable sitting area with a small couch. (If you like rock hard beds, you'll love these!) There was a microfridge in the room and a coffee maker but no free breakfast. It was a nice hotel, but I think $25/night is a lot for a pet fee.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Each year I attend the Trail Horse Auction at Va Horse Center. Last year the hotel was fine and served the purpose. I did not try the continental breakfast last year. This year I traveled with my daughter and grand-daughter. We woke up to ants crawling all over the nightstand between the beds and all over the side & top of the beds. Not good. We decided to take advantage of the continental breakfast so we could get to the horse center early. It was pretty horrible. The english muffins were hard enough to double as hockey pucks. They did offer prefab cheese/ham omlettes, biscuits, hot sausage gravy, cereals, some pastries and packaged oatmeal & grits. The real problem was the styrofoam plates and bowls you were supposed to use to heat the omelettes and instant oatmeal/grits items. I was surprised they didn't have some other form of bowls or even paper plates. Styrofoam melts into your food in microwaves. The hotel was not as clean as last year.
I do like this hotel for it's location, but won't stay there again next year. I told the desk person about the bugs all over the nightstand and beds and she really didn't react like I thought she should. She did mention they had ants near the front desk area as well. Odd considering it's the dead of winter w/snow on the ground.
How can they improve? Eliminate the bug problem, move the continental breakfast from the 3rd floor to the 1st, keep your breakfast offerings fresher, and for goodness sake - give your customers something to heat up the food items in/on.
The first night we were awakened about every 15 minutes with someone stomping around in the room above us. It wouldn't have been so bad, but the floor above us also squeeked. I know someone stomping around all night is not the fault of the hotel, but maybe the sqeeking floor can be fixed.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2010

We stayed for about a week here with one small and one medium dog. The hotel staff were great about the dogs. I have nothing but praise for this hotel. As for food you need to go to the truck stop down the road for an excellent meal. The Berky's Restaurant at the Lee-Hi Truck Stop is great.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family