The Inn at Willow Grove(Orange)
US$265
Holiday Inn Express Orange(Orange)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$99
US$99
US$89
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$103/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$65
US$72
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$76
Quality Inn(Culpeper)
US$68
Hotels.com
Best Western Culpeper Inn(Culpeper)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$90
BestWestern.com
US$118
Hotels.com
All reviewssummer kitchenthe main housegolden retrieverblintzespicnic lunchwine pairingjefferson suitethomas jeffersonpork loinlarge bedroomb bsva winesthe main living roombaked eggshistoric locationdietary restrictionsnext morning
Reviewed July 18, 2017

Excellent service, location, amenities, and overall experience at Meander Plantation. Important key points:
1) Historic plantation with acess to modern amenities. You walk back in time (1766) and get a great feel for the agarian lifestyle.
2) Excellent food; we had the pineapple pork loin for dinner, a breakfast BLT, a pre-made picnic with sandwiches on foccia bread; breakfast blintzes and grits.
3) Friendly staff who went above and beyond normal scope of duties.
4) Easy drive to six wineries and town of Culpeper.
5) Great rates.

Highly recommend for a weekend getaway for any couple of any age. The sunset over the Shenandoah alone is worth the stay! We shall return soon!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2017

Writing this review in two parts because the lodging and meal components were starkly different and deserve their own reviews:
Inn/Lodging - Quaint, clean and relaxing place to stay! We stayed in the Groom's Cottage, which I highly recommend. From the charming decor to the size, cleanliness and charm, this was great. Very comfy bed with nice linens. Bathroom very clean and spacious. Just adorable.

Meals -
1. The website advertises the dinner is a four-course affair AND that you will have 3 - 4 choices for entrees. Not only did this not happen (we sat down for our dinner reservation and were told there was ONE entree being served - rib eye steak), but...

2. There were only three courses and they were not what you would expect in quantity, quality or innovation for the $65 per person charge! (and that's without alcohol)
- No bread for the table
- No appetizer
- Course 1 was a tiny salad with a teeny piece of bread.,
- Course 2 was a steak we were basically paying much of our $65 for, but the quality of the steak was something we could buy at Giant for $12 - OR, if we'd known, we could have gone to a nice steakhouse for less or skipped this dinner altogether
- I had to send the steak back TWO times until it was cooked the way I asked
- The steak came with a little handful of potatoes and squash
- Dessert was something we could do at home, a tiny scoop of very frozen mango sorbet and some fruit that was fresh but seemed frozen

3. To make matters worse, the inn had emailed us days before we came saying do we have an dietary restrictions and i said "no meat" for one of us.

SO - what were we to do when we get to the dinner, and all of the promises mean nothing? No four courses. NO choices for any course. And the one dish that IS offered is the one thing we said we don't eat.

To make matters worse, this deception and disappointment cost $65 per person, plus wine costs.

Now, if the inn either doesn't plan to offer ANY choices, and if they didn't give us the idea they care about our food preferences, I wish we could have known that and not made the dinner reservation. If that's how they do things, that's their choice and we could have been well-informed and simply not committed to the dinner. That would have been fine. But all of the above? Left a very bad taste in our mouth.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Groom's Cottage - charming, roomy, quiet, clean
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ELM2426
Courtney P, Guest Relations Manager at Inn at Meander Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2017

Dear Erin and Terry,
We apologize. The meal you experienced is not what the Inn at Meander Plantation is usually proud to deliver.

We have reimbursed your credit card, and called to request further information about this unfortunate circumstance.

Staff transitions are difficult. You joined us for dinner in the midst of a transition and our systems were not up to speed.

The Inn is known for consistently serving exquisite 4 course, chef prepared meals for dinner, alongside our acclaimed served breakfast. This was clearly not your experience - and we apologize again. The fault is entirely ours.

We are happy you enjoyed your room, which appears to have been closer to our standard.

Thank you for writing. We take guest feedback seriously and will address all of the concerns expressed. We hope the reimbursement will make up for, in a small way, the experience you had. We would love the opportunity to host you again and prove our ability to deliver the excellence you, and every guest, deserve.

Our sincere appreciation for the feedback.

Regards,
Courtney Kirk
Director of Community Partnerships and Guest Services
The Inn at Meander Plantation

Reviewed May 2, 2017

Several years ago, my wife and I found the Inn at Meander Plantation when traveling through North Central Virginia on U.S. 15. The spectacular view of the Inn stunned us to the point that we later researched the Inn online and decided we would stay there when back in the area. This Spring, after my wife finished reading a biography of former first lady Dolly Madison whose home with former President James Madison, Montpelier, is located 20 minutes down the road from the Inn, we decided to visit Montpelier and take our chance to stay in the Inn. The spectacular view of the home and property did not disappoint on our return. Meander Plantation is located on 80 acres of gorgeous land surrounded by horse farms and bordered by a peaceful, bubbling river. The sound of horses neighing and galloping greeted our arrival. We felt transported to another time. Our first floor room was comfortable with a king size bed and double headed shower. I would recommend the Lightfoot Room if you want to avoid the narrow stairway to the other rooms in the main plantation house. There are also cottages on the property which are pet friendly, (the main house is off limits to pets). Breakfast is something to look forward to. One of the owners is a gourmet cook and we ate quite well during the two mornings we were there. In addition to seeing Montpelier, we visited nearby wineries. The small towns of Orange, Va. and Culpepper, Va. are nearby and offer alternative dining options as well as antiquing. For Civil War buffs, the nearby Cedar Mountain battlefield offers an opportunity for sightseeing. You can rest, shop, sightsee or just take in the countryside. The Inn at Meander Plantation offers all of that at an easy and tranquil pace.

Room Tip: See review.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff P
Blanch, Owner at Inn at Meander Plantation, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2017

Thank you, Jeff. Meander certainly is glorious in Springtime! We hope you will return soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2017

We enjoyed another wonderful weekend at Meander Plantation. Although the owners are away, the place is in very good hands. We were treated like royalty. We stayed in the Washington Cottage. Although the entire property is dated, it is very comfortable. This is not the Ritz Carlton, but the Ritz could learn a thing or two. We have been here before and knew what to expect. The room was clean and cozy in spite of being several hundred years old. The dinner basket was absolutely to die for. We had a fresh salad followed by lamb shanks and mashed potatoes. Desert was an apple cake with bourbon walnuts. This was all washed down by a wonderful Chardonnay from Gray Ghost Winery (one of our favorites and introduced to us by the owners). Thank you Courtney for all you did for us to make us feel comfortable. Dean and Becky

Room Tip: Look at the Website. Everybody has their own expectations from an antebellum perspective. Not a bad room on the property.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2017

I am a big history lover, but was not interested in a traditional wedding, so my fiance and I decided to elope, so with less than two weeks notice, I emailed the Inn and started talking with her about if it was feasible, and it was. I really liked the idea of a package deal where all I had to do was show up, and that coupled with a State in which it is very simple to get married, and the history of the plantation, and that our dog was welcome, I was sold.

Absolutely beautiful setting, had fun just wandering the grounds. Two family members came and stayed in the Jefferson Suite which was spacious and charming upstairs room above the innkeepers office. We stayed with our dog in the Summer Kitchen which was lovely, connected to the main house by a walkway but separate and thus allowed dogs. There was a living room downstairs (where we ended up having our "reception" since it was cold out on the porch house porch), and a large bedroom upstairs.

Everything could not have been easier, we went into Orange (nearby town) to get our license the day of (which only took about 20 minutes as no one else was there), dropped it off with the staff who handed it off to the officiant, who asked us before if we had anything special we wanted, since we didn't, he had a lovely ceremony that was short and sweet, just like I had wanted, the officiant handled all of the paperwork, mailed it in, and we had three copies of our license mailed to our house out of state in less than two weeks.

The woman from the staff took photos after just however we were comfortable. I don't much like photos but took a few in a few locations that she pointed out to us. Afterwards they brought the cake (delicious) and champagne (excellent) to our living room. It was a weekday and dinner was served in a basket, so we headed over to pick up our baskets for dinner for four which was amazing. I absolutely loved the butternut squash and apple soup! I even really liked the pork loin, and I don't usually like pork at all.

The next morning we went into the main house for breakfast, which again was great, I loved the goat cheese rosemary muffins. Even my picky fiance found something he liked. Everyone was really friendly and helpful. I really wish we had been able to stay more days to walk some of their hiking paths and visit the 1700s cemetery on the grounds, but we had only taken one day off (last minute, to get the cheaper midweek prices). I am planning on going back there again this year and staying for a couple days.

There were no TVs in the rooms but the wifi was good and my husband just watched netflix on his tablet while I was getting ready. The rooms were large, bright, and the bathroom was modern and lovely.

I only had three minor complaints, but they didn't affect the overall experience. There was a wasp in our room, but our room was the original kitchen, very old building and these things happen. It was completely worth the ambiance. Second, the gas fireplace smelled, so we didn't use it, but our room was plenty warm with just the central heat. And third that before going I had some confusion over communication with the innkeeper, she said she would call me back and didn't over whether the time worked for the officiant, but once I called back and she answered she hadn't realized I'd expected a call to confirm, she was just going to call if it didn't work, so okay, minor, just call yourself if you have any questions.

Overall, for the midweek price, we got two large rooms for 4 people and one canine, four dinners, four breakfasts, champagne, a two tier cake, officiant, ceremony, photos (one printed and a sim card with all the rest), two champagne flutes with the meander plantation logo on them, and lovely no stress, low key experience, just as I had hoped. Compared to what I would have paid for something similar at a historic location in my own state, much less the stay and food, it was completely worth it.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple