“Pretty Good Family Restaurant ”

Roma Italian Restaurant & Pizza
Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Louisa
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

We decided to give this restaurant a try while vacationing in Gordonsville, VA. It seems like one of your regular old local spots. Food and service were good. They also have a strange little arcade/activity room for kids. (It was a little eerie ((dark, damp, in the back)) but it served its purpose to entertain the little one while we waited for your food.)

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We had the house salad, cheese bread, and a large Sicilian cheese and onion. Wow! It was very good and we had plenty of good leftovers. Nice!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We stopped here (twice) on our way to stay at my grandpas cabin in Louisa! We had a Caesar salad and a veggie pizza and a chocolate cannoli! Everything was so delicious! The Caesar dressing was to die for! And the cannoli, perfection! The pizza was perfect and wonderful! We came back the very next day, and had the blooming onion. The sauce they gave was their homemade ranch! Where it was phenomenal for the blooming onion, I couldn't imagine putting on a salad or dipping pizza in it, as it was sweet! Delicious but sweeter than most ranch dressings I've ever had! I got a small pizza and my spouse got chicken Alfredo that he added mushrooms to! Their Alfredo was sooooo amazing! Tasted like it was made fresh to order! We you done here, don't think gourmet snooty Italian! Think local, kid friendly, family fun environment! We couldn't believe how huge the place was! And busy each time we went, but the service was great! I hope to stop by again on my next travel through town!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 9, 2017

I only went there once to try the pizza but I'm still trying to find a good pizza in the area. For some reason it's a challenge. My wife had the linguine with clam sauce and didn't think it was too bad. If I think of it, I might try it again.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed June 28, 2017

Three of us went to dinner there. Being older and set in our ways we are sometimes hard to please. Two of us had Shrimp Scampi. It was delicious. The pasta and broccoli were well prepared as was the shrimp. The third had Lasagna and the sauce was excellent but he preferred his wife's Lasagna. Since she was within arms reach of her that was prudent. The food was very good the service was good. All in all worth a visit next year if I make it back.

Date of visit: June 2017

Been to Roma Italian Restaurant & Pizza? Share your experiences!