“Food Was Pretty Good, Service Was Not”

Roma Italian Restaurant & Pizza
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Louisa
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed July 13, 2018

Just recently moved to Lake Anna, and this was our first foray out for dinner. Overall, it was okay. My wife had pasta with marinara, and I had the chicken parmigiana, both which were pretty good. The side salads we had were very good. Where it dropped from 4 stars to 3, was with the service. We made the mistake of sitting in the room off to the side, which was where the hostess seated us. Our waitress seemed to be working tables in the side room, the main room, and the bar. So we waited for everything. I don't recall her checking back with us after she delivered the food, until she finally brought the check. Not a bad experience, and I might go back again. But I'll try other places first.

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

We decided to give this restaurant a try while vacationing in Gordonsville, VA. It seems like one of your regular old local spots. Food and service were good. They also have a strange little arcade/activity room for kids. (It was a little eerie ((dark, damp, in the back)) but it served its purpose to entertain the little one while we waited for your food.)

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We had the house salad, cheese bread, and a large Sicilian cheese and onion. Wow! It was very good and we had plenty of good leftovers. Nice!

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

We stopped here (twice) on our way to stay at my grandpas cabin in Louisa! We had a Caesar salad and a veggie pizza and a chocolate cannoli! Everything was so delicious! The Caesar dressing was to die for! And the cannoli, perfection! The pizza was perfect and wonderful! We came back the very next day, and had the blooming onion. The sauce they gave was their homemade ranch! Where it was phenomenal for the blooming onion, I couldn't imagine putting on a salad or dipping pizza in it, as it was sweet! Delicious but sweeter than most ranch dressings I've ever had! I got a small pizza and my spouse got chicken Alfredo that he added mushrooms to! Their Alfredo was sooooo amazing! Tasted like it was made fresh to order! We you done here, don't think gourmet snooty Italian! Think local, kid friendly, family fun environment! We couldn't believe how huge the place was! And busy each time we went, but the service was great! I hope to stop by again on my next travel through town!

Reviewed August 9, 2017

I only went there once to try the pizza but I'm still trying to find a good pizza in the area. For some reason it's a challenge. My wife had the linguine with clam sauce and didn't think it was too bad. If I think of it, I might try it again.

Been to Roma Italian Restaurant & Pizza? Share your experiences!