“Bad service”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Feed your summer adventures at Bob Evans! Start your day with a Farmer's Choice featuring thousands of combinations of your breakfast favorites or have an evening picnic with a Family Meal to Go! At our table or yours, summer road trips start at Bob Evans.
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

We haven't been to a bob Evans for ages so we decided to go again.
There were only two other tables full while we were there and three different waiting staff but it still took our waiter 10 mins to come over for our drink order and it was 100 degrees outside so we were really thirsty.
It took 40 mins to get our food order and although our waiter walked past our table and saw our empty glasses he didn't offer us anything else to drink.
The food wasn't very good and the service was horrendous. I will never go there again.

1  Thank Britbabenow

Reviewed June 9, 2016

I can't believe more people don't dine at Bob Evans in Lynchburg (small crowd every time we go). Great food, easy to get to from HIghway 29/Wards Road, close to many hotels and attractions, great service, a little pricey, but you get what you have for (good quality food). All the staff is great, but our favorite waitress is Kanisha (sweet, hard-working, great friendly smile and great attitude!). If Lynchburg doesn't step up to support this great establishment, I'm afraid they will close their doors and move elsewhere. PLEASE DON"T LET THAT HAPPEN....many of us LOVE Bob Evans!

Reviewed May 16, 2016

It was Liberty U's graduation weekend, and we wanted to celebrate after the ceremony. Golden Corral's parking lot was packed so we went next door to Bob Evans because the lot was not full. (That was our warning, but we ignored it.) The restaurant was clean, the atmosphere was friendly. Our server was nice and cheerful, but I honestly don't think she had a clue as to what to do. She would be gone for long periods of time and kept apologizing because she said she had a large party even though the restaurant was not crowded. (It never got crowded during our 2+ hour experience.) We got to the point where we were stopping any employee within earshot or arm's reach to assist us with coffee/drink refills, bread, salad dressing for our salads, soup spoons and other utensils, and napkins. The majority of us ordered the endless soup, salad and bread. Twenty minutes passed before the first wave of dishes were brought to our table. The last dish was brought to us 10 minutes after we asked for the check. The endless soup, salad and bread was a huge disappointment. The broccoli cheddar soup tasted watered down and had no broccoli in it but a sprinkling of broccoli flower "seeds". The chicken noodle was loaded with tasteless, chewy noodles, had a few cubes of chicken in it, and was also watered down in flavor. The baked potato soup with bacon was filled with rubbery chunks of potatoes, the cheese flavoring in the soup tasted watered down, and the only indication there was bacon came from the slivered half slice that was crumbled up and sprinkled on top for garnishment. The vegetable beef was the best of the four, but it was still very much lacking in flavor. We were so disappointed. This was our first and last visit to a Bob Evans restaurant. Life is too short to waste it on restaurants with poor service and inferior grade/quality food.

Reviewed May 1, 2016 via mobile

Nice breakfast at BE Lynchburg. Menu and quality standard for this chain but this time the service made it extra good. Stephanie B was friendly, professional and timely. Of course the biscuits and sausage gravy were very good.

Reviewed December 16, 2015

I have grown up in the north and have loved Bob Evans for some time as well as visited the original farm. As well, I normally do not review chain restaurants. However, this particular Bob Evans has gone down hill since it was built. I stayed away for sometime because I knew it was not doing well, but recently decided to give it another try. Unfortunately, nothing has changed. I ordered the Farmer's Breakfast - eggs over easy, bacon, hash browns, and pancakes. The eggs were actually done right. The hash browns had under cooked parts and burnt parts. The bacon was the same - one piece had one end burnt and the other raw. The pancakes were not light and fluffy, but under cooked and heavy as if they had too much water. I have never been a fan of the coffee, but with this meal that was one of the better parts. As well, the server took me to my table and instantly asked if I needed more time to read through the menu before I had even sat down. As well. I never got silverware so I stirred my coffee with a straw. When she brought my food, she asked if I needed anything else to which I mentioned silverware. Add to this the free WiFi was very questionable.

Normally, I would not rate a one time meal at a chain, but this is not the first time for this particular restaurant. I unfortunately will not be coming back here again. I may have to settle for Cracker Barrel - which does not have wifi.