“Blood like substance inside comforter and a soiled pillow.”

Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg
Ranked #7 of 23 Hotels in Lynchburg
Fort Worth, Texas
“Blood like substance inside comforter and a soiled pillow.”
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I travel frequently and only use Hilton because I have learned to expect quality and cleanliness from all of the Hilton brands. I was so digested that this is the first Hilton hotel I have decided to warm people about. I woke up in the middle of night to turn the heat on and when I turned the comforter down, I noticed the comforter stains on the inside of the comforter. When the hotel switched out the duvet cover I decided to inspect the pillows and noticed a large stain on the pillow. There was a clean pillow case, but the pillow was flipped over to hide the large dark reddish stain. In fairness to the hotel, I was not charged for the night and I received 25,000 Hilton Honors points for the experience. I was very happy with the front desk and managers response, but have lost a lot of trust and confidence in the Hilton brand. The stains truly looked like they came from the human body and I do feel house cleaning simply got lazy and did not do the appropriate thing and clean or replace bed linens between each use as required. Other then that everything "looked" clean until I really looked hard. You should not have to do that. I learned my lesson. Hilton advised me "corrective action" was taken with house cleaning and management. I noticed the manager suddenly left the company, but I am not sure why. Photographs were sent to Hilton to substantiate my claims. My two previous stays at that hotel were very nice though. I will stay at that hotel again, but will be much more cautious in the future and inspect everything as soon as I check in.

Room Tip: Always inspect your linens, inside and out, regardless of hotel brand. I always request high floors...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Sharkswave
Mary G, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this review, 26 December 2011
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We look forward to your return and will do everything possible to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Please let us know how we can be of service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Roseland, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 13 December 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel and had forgot my Apple phone charger in the room. Housekeeping Staff went in right when we left the room.Checked out loaded up the car and realized i did not have my charger.went right to the desk to get back the key so we could get it and get into the room.the maid had already cleaned the room and my charger was not in the room were i forgot it. front desk staff asked the maid if she had seen it in the room and she said no.I went and double check all of my things in the car and did not find it anywhere in the car.They kept on telling me that she did not take it. I know she did because she was the only one who went into the room right after us. very mad at the way everyone took care of this problem. WOULD NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!! VERY UNHAPPY

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
In an effort to remedy the following situation our management team made every effort possible to ensure that our guest was taken care of. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and trust that our efforts were accepted in the spirit to which they were given, for any inconvenience you may have experienced. We invite you to stay with us in the future and look forward to the opportunity to serve you.
Wyoming
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We enjoyed everything about our weekend at this hotel. The staff was good, the room was great, we enjoyed the restaurant.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank kgkautz
Mary G, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this review, 8 December 2011
Thank you for your review. It is our please to serve you and look forward to your return visit.
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Bed was comfortable, room clean, quiet, and the people at the front desk were nice. We asked for early check in and were able to check in early. Free WiFi too! The only negative was that the printer needed toner when we wanted to print something our before departing so we just went elsewhere being that we were on a schedule.
There's also an indoor pool and exercise room we didn't have time to take advantage of.
It was very close to stores and restaurants...you could even walk to some if u wanted to!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
We are delighted that your stay was was good. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and look forward to having you as our guest agin in the near future.
Richmond
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed at this location for a business trip to the area. It is a little difficult to get into the parking lot, however it is centrally located. The room was comfortable and the staff was friendly. I would stay there next time I go to Lynchburg.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Mary G, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this review, 2 November 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and are very happy you enjoyed your stay. Please let us know if we can be of assistance in any way.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Still probably the newest and best facility in Lynchburg. We visit family there several times a year and we kept giving this HGInn another chance but we're just worn out with uninterested unhelpful front desk staff.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Dear Grandpa Greg,
We strive to give the best service possible to each and every guest. I am sorry to hear that we fell short during your stay. We look forward to bettering our efforts for you and our guest. Please let us know if we can be of service in any way.
Earlton, New York
Reviewed 11 October 2011

My family and I stayed in this hotel when we came to drop my brother off at Liberty. The hotel is fairly new and its clean, and there's ample parking. The hotel is located on busy Wards Road, and it can be difficult to get to when there's a lot of traffic (which in our experience was most of the time). The location is not terrible, but its on a busy road with nearby highways and there's train tracks that run directly behind the hotel up on a hill. I don't know how frequent the trains are because I honestly didn't see or hear one the entire stay (4 days), so I don't think noise would be an issue. There was nothing terrible about this hotel, but nothing great about it either. We will probably stay here again when we return to the area.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Mary G, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Lynchburg, responded to this review, 20 October 2011
Thank you for your response! We appreciate your feedback and your business.
If there is anything we can do to assist you in your next stay, please don't hesitate to ask. Again we thank you for allowing us to serve you.