All reviews courtyard by marriott modern lobby lobby cafe stayed here fitness center liberty university appointed rooms nice amenities recommend staying here an overnight stay home away from home water pressure staff was very friendly pleasant stay business trip very nice hotel front desk staff
Reviewed June 18, 2018

The staff here will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. We stayed here for a funeral and had a lunch afterward in their meeting room. The staff really took care of us! The lobby has the feel of an upscale hotel and the Starbucks and Drinks (Adult style beverages) were great as well.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Josh G, General Manager at Courtyard Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Dear ABNChemo,

We are so sorry for your loss and wish you had visited our hotel under different circumstances. Thank you for the kind comments about our hotel and it was an honor to serve you.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

I arrived at the Courtyard late night, and exhausted. Thanks to the leadership of Joshua Green, the staff overwhelmed me with courtesy, kindness, and hospitality. From the minute I called ahead to check on my room, I knew I was in good hands with Erin at the front desk -- who could not have been more helpful or friendly. Olivia took care of my day two needs, and RJ rounded out this crew of fine people.

Please accept my sincerest appreciation for a wonderful respite!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Z8475BVpaulc
Josh G, General Manager at Courtyard Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Dear Z8475GVpaulc,

Thank you for the kind comment about our staff. It was a pleasure to meet you and we hope your car is fixed and up and running! Should your travels bring you back to Lynchburg, I hope we can accommodate you again. Safe travels back to New York!

Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

Perfect location when you are coming to events at Liberty University! Staff is friendly and personable. Rooms are clean and comfortable offering a sitting chair and a work chair and pull out desk. Consistently happy with this choice for my trips to Lynchburg.

1  Thank LeesRubs
Josh G, General Manager at Courtyard Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Dear LeesRubs,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff and are happy you found our hotel clean and comfortable. Our goal is to make our hotel inviting and accommodating for business travelers, and families alike. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Lynchburg!

Reviewed May 25, 2018

I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard – Lynchburg, VA hotel 05/21-23 in room 332.
I had a good check-in experience, my room was just what I ordered via my account preferences and with the extra pillow I had ordered via my cell phone check in app. The room’s air conditioning was off when I arrived and the room was 78 F at approximately 18:30.
I set the thermostat to 66 F, with the fan on “high”. I couldn’t find a setting for “continual” fan. When I returned from supper, the room was at a comfortable temperature but I ended up never getting a good night’s sleep. My room temp cycled from comfortable to too warm because, without the continual fan setting to keep the air circulating, dead pockets of air, some warm and some cooler, formed and mislead the thermostat. This pocketing was reinforced by the positioning of the air vents in line with the hallway leading to the door which helped to trap cool air near the thermostat and leaving the warmer pocket of air by the bed. I checked with the front desk who confirmed that, as part of the refurb last year, the new HVAC does not allow for continual fan when using the “cooling” function.
Before I went out for supper, I took a shower which was very disappointing as the water never got really hot nor did the shower head allow for much flow even though I twisted the adjusting ring to try all the shower head settings. Best explanation of my evaluation is, if one had sore muscles, this shower wouldn’t give relief. The water was warmer in the mornings during the busy, wake up time and was cooler in the off hours. The flow never changed. I also had trouble with the new interior shower layout. The shower area is a long rectangle with the twin sliding doors on one long side and a wall with 2 narrow tapering shelves on the other long side. These shelves narrowed the area enough that I would hit them when turning around, washing myself, etc. These shelves were more decorative than functional and longer than necessary. It would have been more practical to place these on a short wall or to use corner shelving. I do like the general layout with doors and a short step over into the shower.
In all other aspects, the room was fine but, due to my lack of sleep, I will be changing hotels. I’ve got a 2 week trip in late July for which I’m trying out the new Residence Inn in Lynchburg. If this doesn’t work out, then I’ll go to the Craddock Terry which has incredible beds and large, tiled walk in showers with separate, full-sized tubs.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Josh G, General Manager at Courtyard Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Dear kamikazekiddo,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. I apologize for the issues you had with your room. The temperature should have been set at a more comfortable setting prior to arrival as we typically do. I had maintenance look into this issue as well as the water temperature. Please reach out to me so I can discuss this issue further and hopefully we can have another opportunity to make this right for you when you return to Lynchburg in July. I can be reached at 434-846-7900.

Reviewed May 1, 2018

Every time I visit my hometown, I stay here when I'm not staying with my family or friends! The property and room is always clean, comfortable and welcoming. What more could a person ask for on a short trip?! This past weekend was prom and I'm very grateful that the staff on duty for prom night did me a HUGE favor and called the room next to me to ask the youth to quiet down. (So thankful!) It's always a pleasant stay! Thanks!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Josh G, General Manager at Courtyard Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2018

Greetings LaBelle,

Thank you for the 5 star review! We are happy to hear from repeat guests about their experience at our property. Although, we would have rather not had other guests disrupt your stay, I am happy to hear we resolved the issue quickly for you. Hope to serve you again soon on your next visit to Lynchburg!

Safe Travels,