“Good...”

Emerald Stone Grille
Ranked #189 of 353 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

First time visit. Hubby had burger w fries. I had fried chicken with biscut. Everything was good . Biscut was a little dry and they used maybe too much butter on my husband's hamburger bun. The creme Burlee was excellent! Service was very good too.

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank DrAlford

Reviewed May 27, 2017

My wife, two adult children and myself all ate here for the first time on Saturday May 27. It is easy to access and plenty of parking in the area. They have done a great job of redoing the interior and the decor is stylish and inviting. We had starters of fried oysters and also of pimento cheese. I thought the oysters were ok but fried too heavily, usually oysters are best not being over fried. The pimento cheese was very good. My wife ordered a hamburger, as the food was being brought to our table the plate with the hamburger was dropped so my wife had to wait for another hamburger to be cooked while the rest of us ate our lunch. We had almost finished our meals before my wife's burger came and when it did instead of being cooked rare as she requested it was cooked well done. She would have sent it back except she was so hungry she did not want to wait again. My son ordered a sirloin steak burger, he also requested his meat rare but it was also cooked well done. My daughter and I both got shrimp tacos. There was not a lot of shrimp and there was also shrimp shells in with the food so that made eating the tacos a hassle. The beer and wine list was varied with good price points. We want this restaurant to be successful and we will go there again but they need to improve their quality.

2  Thank ChamL
Reviewed May 15, 2017

We ordered the maccaroni/cheese as an appetizer to share and it was dry, overcooked, and had very little flavor. We also ordered the fish and chips (since it was lunch and the fried chicken I really wanted was on the dinner menu). The fries were the highlight of the meal and very delicious. The fish lacked flavor and was just okay. I was so excited to try this place but I was very disappointed. I'd like to try something else but it's a bit pricey for the quality of food.

1  Thank R4048POtheresah
Reviewed May 3, 2017

Last night my husband and I visited Emerald Stone Grille for the first time. The first thing that stuck out to me was the relaxing atmosphere. They had a beautiful fireplace, lots of rock walls, and exposed wooden beams. The service was a little slow, but everyone was very friendly. For the appetizer, my husband and I ordered the Irish Egg Rolls which were delicious. They tasted like mini Reuben sandwiches. For the entree my husband got the Emerald Burger and I got the Fish and Chips. Both meals were delicious. The burger is probably one of the best in town and the fries are to die for. They are pregnant woman approved ;)

Reviewed April 18, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited this gem on a Saturday evening and sat outside to enjoy our meals. My husband started off with the tomato soup...I generally don't like tomato soup, but I tasted it and it was good! My she crab soup was great as well. Our entree was shrimp and grits...some of the best I've ever eaten! The grits were flavorful and creamy and the gravy was pure deliciousness. The shrimp were quite large and cooked to perfection. For dessert I ordered chocolate pistachio custard which was yummy. My husband ordered bread pudding...oh my goodness! It was full of flavor and texture, with cherries and plump, sweet golden raisins. It was topped with caramel sauce and house made whipped cream. We received great service from our waiter, Thomas, who was knowledgeable about the menu and very personable. This restaurant is new but they sure have their act together.

Date of visit: April 2017