All reviews the breakfast area drive thru typical hie hi express first floor room was clean off route decent location liberty university handicapped room staff person in town stayed here for a week free breakfast staff was friendly off the highway nice facility
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

This property was a team hotel for an event being held in Lynchburg at Liberty University. The reviews overall seemed good enough to have no concern, although there were no recents for months. As it tuned out no wake up calls, maintenance issues and a dated room sunk my review below par.

My first interaction with staff was to book the room and I did this over the phone. It was a successful call with room booked and email confirmation received.

Just prior to arrival at the hotel in late afternoon there was a back up on the road. The Chick Fil A restaurant drive-thru had spilled over blocking passage for minutes. After a 3.5 drive this was quite frustrating.

Up arrival at the hotel the appearance was good and lot clean. An exterior trash can was within its boundaries. The size of the lot was concerning and later proved a challenge in the stay with an evening arrival after 9 PM.

Check-in was excellent by a male staff. I was recognized as a IHG member. He also assisted with local restaurant recommendations for our group and even followed up calling the room after moments after entering the room. I counted four luggage carts upon arrival which was a welcome sight. The lobby was clean and had the combination breakfast bar area which I never utilized.

The room key on the third floor room worked with no issue. I found the double queen accommodations clean, however dated with few outlets. No outlets at all on night stand. The refrigerator in the room worked well during the stay. The restroom was tiny and difficult to maneuver. The stool had stains.

The bed, linens and pillows were a highlight and very comfortable. House keeping did a great job each day. The climate control unit at the window was ok, it could not bring the room down quite cool enough, but we lived with it and no call placed.

I discovered several maintenance issues during my stay. A sink stopper issue on day one and called it in. It was fixed next day. The tub stopper was reported day two and was not repaired until the last day of four day stay.

I contacted the front desk several times for not only maintenance issues, but request for early housekeeping which went off without a hitch. I also had wake up call request which was the most disappointing aspect of the stay. The wake up calls on two mornings never arrived. My son was required to be up before 6 AM.

On my last Day I received an invoice under my door and it was correct. If my busy schedule had permitted it I would have asked to speak to GM and request at least one comp night for no wake up calls. I did no the online survey that IHG sent me and asked for a representative to call me. That was a week ago, no call.

I would not choose to stay at this property again and would never recommend. Even though there were some things that worked it was overall a negative experience. This hotel needs a top to bottom renovation of its rooms.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Rebecca R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We will use the feedback you provided as a teaching moment for our staff in regards to the wake up call and maintenance issues. Attentiveness is important to us in our industry. We have renovations planned in our pipeline to improve some of the items you mentioned. In the mean time please grant us the opportunity to show you an improved stay.

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

Brooke provided excellent service she was very personable, worked with me to ensure my needs were met. This hotel also had the cleanest rooms I have ever encountered. Thank you so much for such great service.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Rebecca R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2018

Thank you for the great review of Brooke's service, and our cleanliness. We hope to see you again soon.

Area Sales Manager

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night, just passing through on our way to NC. Hotel very clean, quiet. Outdoor pool is small but water was warm & clean. Breakfast was very good with lots of choices. Staff was very nice.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jenvitale816
Rebecca R, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Thank you for the five star review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed our pool, breakfast, and friendly staff. We hope to see you again the next time you pass through the area!

Area Sales Manager

Reviewed June 29, 2018 via mobile

The first room we were given had problems with the air conditioner. The rug was soaking wet from condensation running from the air conditioner. The room had a musty smell indicating that this problem had been going on for some time. The front desk was very accommodating and moved us to another room. Road noise from outside was also above normal.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Rebecca R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2018

Thank you George for taking the time to review your recent stay. We apologize that the first room you were in had HVAC issues. Our team has serviced the unit and carpet. We hope to see you again in the future, so that we can provide you with a five star stay when you do.
Regards,
Rebecca Ramey

Reviewed June 27, 2018

My husband and I were in Lynchburg for the Miss Virginia Pageant and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, and we thought it was great. Eric checked us in quickly and efficiently. He was very informative and professional. Our room was very nice - the beds were comfortable and the room was very quiet. We enjoyed the cookies, the breakfasts, and the pool. On the Sunday morning that we checked out, we took a final swim in the pool. The manager on duty opened it for us at 9:00 am and had someone bring out towels immediately. The manager and another staff person (female) brought the umbrellas and opened them up poolside. We were impressed that he got on it so quickly. All the staff were friendly and helpful that week. The only thing I could mention is that one morning, the housekeeper did not leave us coffee or cups, and we went down the hall and asked for them. She was nice and gave them to us. We enjoyed our stay and hope to be back next year!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NancyLovesRehoboth
E C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lynchburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

Thank you for the five star review! We love to hear that your stay at our hotel for the Miss Virginia Pageant exceeded all your expectations, and that our staff went above and beyond to ensure that you had a great stay. We appreciate you sharing your experience, and we look forward to seeing you again next year!
Regards,