“Love the atmosphere”
Review of The Boiler Room

The Boiler Room
Ranked #136 of 362 Restaurants in Lynchburg
Reviewed February 13, 2017

The atmosphere here is amazing. It feels like you have stepped out of Lynchburg to a really quaint, off the beaten path hidden gem.

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed February 8, 2017 via mobile

Reading the good reviews set my expectations too high for a dinner experience.
The mozzarella sticks were overcooked and should never have made it to our table. Our salads were the best items of the evening. We had one Cesar and one house, and they were excellent.
My steak was perfectly cooked as requested medium, but not seasoned at all and bland.
My date's shrimp Alfredo within two minutes of arriving was a big ball of pasta mess stuck together, she barely had any of it and I was embarrassed.
We did not attempt a dessert.
Our server while pleasant was not attentive. I do believe he was the only one on duty this evening, so he gets a pass as he was trying to cover the entire restaurant.
Very nice decor I have to admit. But nice decor does not a restaurant make, and we will not return for dinner.
An expensive evening for such disappointment.

Date of visit: July 2016
2  Thank JacksonRoykirk
Reviewed November 11, 2016 via mobile

The Boiler Room is one of those places as soon as you enter you are getting away from it all and forgetting about the outside world. Food and service is always very good. Our server Kent has been with this establishment for some time and was our server. Kent doesn't miss a beat he does it all. Outstanding experience highly recommend. A little Gem in the heart of downtown Lynchburg.

Date of visit: November 2016
2  Thank Tpalmst
Reviewed October 5, 2016

This place is always amazing. I have been here many, many times; and the burgers are always cooked correctly. If you ask for medium, you get it! It takes a little bit of time to get your food, but that is because everything is made on the spot, and the quality is worth the wait. Great atmosphere to go along with great food.

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank BradG1455
Reviewed April 25, 2016

I tried the Boiler Room recently and really liked the atmosphere. The service is friendly and the food is very good. I would recommend the burger.

There aren't many bars in downtown Lynchburg , so I was surprised that this one wasn't packed with people. Usually, if I go in a place by eight o'clock and no one is there I assume that something must be wrong. However, that is not the case with this place.

The restaurant has a really cool speakeasy sort of vibe, food is good, and service is good. So, I have to assume that people just don't know about this place. The location is sort of tucked away down a side street. Personally, I think that adds to the charm and vibe of the establishment, but it does make it harder to find.

The only negative is that they do have a piano, but no piano player. I think live music would be a great touch.

So, if you are looking for a great hidden gem to relax and have a few drinks I recommend The Boiler Room. Really hoping this place stays open, otherwise we will be down to one bar downtown and it's not nearly as cool as this place.

Date of visit: March 2016

Been to The Boiler Room? Share your experiences!