Americas Best Value Inn
La Quinta
  • Restaurant
Eastside Suites(Lynchburg)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2011

This place was FILTHY! This place smelled,stains ever way even the walls. I think prison life may be cleaner. ventilation was poor, no screen in the patio door. I was afraid to sit on anything. I went out and bought a sheet to sit and sleep on in my clothes and plenty of lysol. The front desk person was not very accommodating. I would not recommend this place to ANYONE

Room Tip: Don't go to America'a Best Lynchburg!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Rroad40
AbviLynchburg, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Reviewed 3 May 2011

The building, corridor, and room reeked of smoke and must. My non-smoking room had what looked like old blood stains on the bed & chair, dirty bathroom, and a sliding glass door that was secure with a cheap latch and hook lock.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank moniquem03

Dear Traveler,

Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the fact that you took the time to let us know that your stay was not up to your expectations. We apologize for this and will certainly look into your comments and take any appropriate action. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with quality service and comfort at an exceptional price.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to make any necessary improvements and will stay with us again or another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located throughout the country.

Reviewed 9 April 2011

Today, I'm reviewing the Americas Best Value Inn in Madison Heights, VA.

Every year I come to Madison Heights to visit family and friends and this is the hotel we always stay in. We come here firstly because it's the best hotel in Madison Heights (if you compare them all this one does have the most amenities) and because the rooms are comfortable and are almost sound-proof.

Whenever we come here, we usually get a "good deal". $50/per night and you get 2 beds in the room, WiFi and TV. We always first check-in to the hotel to somewhat nice staff and a lobby with a computer (for surfing the internet) in there and a TV that's newer than the ones in most of the hotel rooms. There is usually not many people in the lobby and it's quick to check in and unpack your bags in the hotel room. From there, you could go swim in the pool(only during the summer), watch some TV, or open up your laptop and connect to the WiFi.

The rooms are pretty good for what you pay for. They are usually pretty clean except this one time where I found a wet spot on the floor but other than that the rooms are most always clean. They provide free towels of all sizes with the rooms which you can find inside the bathroom. You may want to bring your own because one or two of mine had a stain on it but they were clean and good enough to use to take a shower with.

The hotel is near several restaurants and stores within walking distance. There is a Wendy's, DQ, and McDonalds all within less than a quarter of a mile from the hotel. If you want to walk farther, there is a CVS and a Food Lion past the restaurants farther in Madison Heights. If you want to drive from the hotel, there are several restaurants and stores inside Madison Heights including a KFC, a good mexican restaurant, a Sonic drive-in and a Walmart

We always appreciate the ability of having free internet inside the hotel. The only problem with the internet is that depending on what part of the room you are in it might be slow or go out. I run a tech website and it's important to have WiFi wherever I'm staying. I usually get good WiFi though if I'm sitting my laptop on the desk by the room door. It depends what room you get to the WiFi strength. Another thing is that they password protect their WiFi so you have to call the front desk to get the password. If you need or want to use it during your stay, ask the front desk for the WiFi password after you checkin and write it down so you don't have to call the front desk once you get to the room.

Rating: 8/10
Nice rooms, somewhat good WiFi but could of been nicer and WiFi could of been better.

Room Tip: Ask for non-smoking.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SuperPC658

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We understand that you have many options in the marketplace, and are pleased that you have made Americas Best Value Inn your premiere choice for lodging.

We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Americas Best Value Inn-Madison Heights VA

Reviewed 9 December 2010

Dark, brooding, smelly, cheap room in a fairly good location. There's wifi
@ McD's (cuz you won't get any in many rooms!). Washer was inop. There's ALWAYS litter in halls, stairwells & near full trashcans. It needs carpeting, like 10 yrs ago. The staff was friendly enough,(what much did they have to do?)
If the right ppl had this place it'd b cute&cozy. Too bad.

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank WhoStoleKishka

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your experience at our property. Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. We apologize for any negative experiences you had with our hotel cleanliness. We remove trash daily and keep hallway carpeting vacuumed. We believe these corrective measures will enhance the overall experience at our hotel. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Tejas-Americas Best Value Inn Madison Heights, VA

Reviewed 17 September 2010

Don't be fooled by the pics, this was an old howard johnsons and I am shoecked that they can even conduct business, the rooms are so flilthy, I mean dirty it took me over an hour to clean the microwave, the maid took the security bar off the sliding glass door and the door does not look and anyone could have come in, also they took all the drinks and gave them to the workers from my frig. left nothing it is a freakin dump, go 6 miles so extened stay south in Lynchburg, if you stay at this hotel america best value you will be eated alive by bed bugs

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business