“Second visit”
Review of Tortino Mare

Tortino Mare
Reserve with OpenTable
Tortino Mare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit and this place is still a keeper. Javier our server was excellent and the food was great. Would recommend to anyone.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 10, 2018

I am from Los Angeles where we have incredible food from every culture. I love small mom and pop restaurants with AUTHENTIC cooking and this place delivers in spades. This place is absolutely fabulous. I highly recommend it for some true Italian food.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Lily J
Tortino M, Manager at Tortino Mare, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Thank you, Lily, for providing us with your wonderful feedback! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time at Tortino and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon!

Reviewed August 27, 2018

An easy 45 minute drive from Alexandria, good food, superb service and fairly priced.
The location is in a small mall behind a gas station and not too easy too easy to spot.

1  Thank DanS1954
Reviewed August 22, 2018

I'm almost hesitant to write the review as I don't want this place to become so popular you can't get a table. We visited for the first time a few weeks ago. I never write a good or bad review after only one visit, so last weekend we returned with two friends.
The environment is comfortable and diners are not so close to each other you bump into people as in some restaurants. Authentic Italian cuisine. Calamari and veal marsala are among the best I've had, and I've been to Italy many times. Mushroom and sausage risotto was fabulous. Linguini with clams fabulous. Everything we had was delicious. Good selection of wines that won't make your credit card scream. Service could be a little more attentive and we had to ask for a few things more than once. Would also suggest regular Italian bread rather than the focaccia that is served. I called and made a reservation the week before, but there was no record of it. Fortunately we arrived early in the evening and were able to have a table. Recommend reservations for busy times.

2  Thank WheelzUpGal
Tortino M, Manager at Tortino Mare, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Thank you so much for your review and kind words! We strive to give our guests the very best-whether that be experience, service, or the food-and are so glad we met your expectations. Nothing makes us happier than a satisfied diner. Please come visit us again soon!

Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been celebrating all month long and when I heard so many fabulous things about this new place, it was on my list!! I went for an early lunch on a Sunday with my mom. The service was fantastic - Brayan took excellent care of us and we went with one of the pasta specials - tagliatelle. YUM!! Our meal ended with special birthday tiramisu. I work at a school, and we are all anxious to try happy hour at this lovely restaurant. Beautifully decorated.