“BBQ on a budget”
Review of Cook Out

Cook Out
Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

Really good BBQ for the price, and throw in a vanilla shake and that's my main meal on the go! Caution.. get a spoon instead of straw for their very thick shakes!

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed January 4, 2017

As the title states, it's not as good as Five Guys. Unfortunately Five guys are no longer in Mechanicsville.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed October 11, 2016 via mobile

Hot dogs and burgers are charbroiled and taste like they have just come off the grill. The shakes are fresh and thick. My suggestion to them is to put onions on the hot dog bun first then the hot dog on top so the onions don't fall off as you eat them. Onion rings Are good too. And cheap!!

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 12, 2016

Our daughters have frequented the Cookout restaurant in Lynchburg many, many times while in college. So we knew what to expect. Their food is really good, and CHEAP. Not a place for a fancy dinner, but for something quick, and cheap, you can't go wrong.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

A double hamburger with onion rings and a corn dog tray was only $5.36. I had asked for extra onion and the sandwich came with both extra onion and lettuce. This was my first experience where they charged an extra $0.10 for my extra. If it was posted I did not see it nor did the cashier reminded me that it cost more. This is why I rated 4 stars compared to 5 stars. I feel it should be pointed out in case the customer did not see the notice on the menu board. The double beef patties were over cooked so it made the sandwich somewhat dry. There were four small, crispy onion rings that were great because the batter stayed on real onion rings. I only wished there were more of them, but since you get two sides I decided to try out their corn dog. It was good, but I would rather have my second side of onion rings.
There is a handy sink close to where you order so that you could wash your hands before eating. This is a unique feature that I have not seen in other fast food restaurants.
There is a station for you to pick up your napkins, mustard, ketchup, salt, pepper, straws, lids for your drinks, and spoons. There's a small six drawers unit that holds some of the above mentioned condiments.
They do offer other quick fast food sandwiches to please most folks. They serve milk shakes, but I did not try any of their multiple flavored. I didn't see anyone drinking one either.
Overall, the facility was clean and sitting was comfortable. This was my second time here. I returned mainly because I was in the mood for a corn dog. I will be back again. You'll enjoy the great prices and onion rings.

Date of visit: September 2016