“MY go to Mexican Restaurant”

Ricos Mexicans Grill
Ranked #13 of 126 Restaurants in Mechanicsville
Reviewed March 15, 2017

This is my neighborhood Mexican Restaurant, but that doesn't mean it isn't excellent. Their carnitas are very good. Table salsa and chips are also good. If you like to avoid crowds and children, stay away on Taco Tuesday. The price is right $1 tacos, but it gets busy and loud. Decent beer selection. Fast service. This is only 2 miles up Hwy 360, off the I 295 Mechanicsville/Tappahannock exit. Definitely worth finding.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Niermom

Reviewed December 22, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in here after shopping tonight. Nice atmosphere with a great waiter. The food was wonderful and the salsa is awesome! Will visit again.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed October 2, 2016

Stopped in for lunch and was shocked at how nice it was on the inside. From the entrance, you would never know how large it is inside. The waiter was very friendly and super fast with our order. The vegetarian fajitas were the best that I've ever had....although next time I will ask them to hold the salt. Chips were hot, fresh and delicious. Can't wait to go back!

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank LindaF719
Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

From the reviews I read, I expected the food to be much better than it was. First, the chips were stale. I did like the salsa, had a little heat but not too much. The meal I got also had a stale taco shell, the rice was hard, and the beans had no flavor. The service was good for the most part, although the server forgot the sour cream and guacamole for my husband's meal. The other meals the family got were the same, not very good. I won't return.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed July 16, 2016 via mobile

We came here after a game and wanted a quick GOOD bite to eat. The waiter was made aware of our displeasure with the food and didn't offer a replacement or anything. The cheese in the food is either too aged (rancid taste) and their sauces are not homemade. My little one got half way through his food and had to run to the bathroom. Not a good spot. Save your money!

Date of visit: July 2016