“Our favorite casual, affordable dinner with drinks in Middleburg”
Review of Red Horse Tavern

Red Horse Tavern
Ranked #7 of 27 Restaurants in Middleburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 13, 2017

Half price burger night brings them out, the regulars. Seems like everyone knows everyone. The wait staff is attentive and friendly, the menu is varied and tasty, not too expensive. They know our favorite drinks by now. Great for people watching. People come with their dogs, that's okay outside. We go here frequently, can you tell?

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Came for a beer in the afternoon. The owner (or manager) served us and was extremely rude. First, he “threw” the menus at our table and looked extremely bored. Then, when asked about what kind of draft beers they had, he simply pointed at the menu. We then asked about a particular beer and, once again, he barely said anything and walked away!

Reviewed September 24, 2017

Good list of sandwiches and relaxing service. My wife and I stop here for lunch on our recent trip to Middleburg and outside on the front patio. Our sandwiches were very good and generous. My wife had the turkey roll-up and I had the special, a steak gyro which was excellent. My gyro was accompanied by extra crispy french fries which I also enjoyed. Although we did not have desert the deserts served to the next table looked luscious

Reviewed September 17, 2017

Discovered this gem while reading reviews for Middleburg, VA. Visited on a busy-after-summer-Tuesday evening. Greeted immediately, drinks and food delivered quickly. 4 servers took care of everyone seated outside. No one waited/needed anything. We ordered sandwiches and beer. My ONLY suggestion would be more craft beers on the menu. Virginia's craft beer industry is pretty awesome, so the beer list was a little disappointing. Guests were a mixture of locals and tourists. Would definitely visit again!

Reviewed September 12, 2017

My wife and I had lunch here today. The wait staff was very good and the beer was good. My wife had the chicken breasts and beer batter fries and I had the fish and chips. Both were good but what you would expect. The outdoor seating was very pleasant.