“Good food”

Trotters Perk Bistro
Ranked #13 of 27 Restaurants in Middleburg
Reviewed February 24, 2017

We had the cup of soup and half sandwich. The sandwich was tuna and it was very tasty they also served a small salad as well that was unexpected and very good with a dressing that they created, loved it! The soup was chicken with rice and the seasoning was oregano and not what I expected, I did not like it and so they did not charge me for it. The restaurant was cute and artsy. Would go back.

Reviewed February 2, 2017

You wrote a review for Trotters Perk Bistro 3 minutes ago
5.0 star rating 2/2/2017
The food is handmade, mostly organic (love that they support Fields of Athenry through their purchases) and full of flavor. Today, the owner was the only one on staff in this small, quirky bistro, and she was welcoming and clearly loves cooking for people.

We were served a small piece of a Philly pretzel with great mustard along with a "taste" of delicious chicken/rice soup -- probably because my friend said she is not a chicken soup fan. Salad and quiche for lunch, both excellent, and the salad was fresh, fresh, fresh!!! We shared a cupcake for dessert. It was the perfect amount of food, and very reasonably priced considering the high quality of ingredients.

Plan to stop again soon and try something else.

Reviewed January 7, 2017

I wasn't sure what to expect from this place, but my husband and I had a great experience. The waiter was very friendly and attentive from the moment we walked in. He brought out a complimentary piece of a Philly soft pretzel with spicy brown mustard (and having just moved from Philly a week ago, it made me tear up a bit). Drinks were brought out quickly, and the main dishes we ordered took about 10-15 minutes. Considering everything is homemade, I think that is a very acceptable wait. I had the "gorilla" grilled cheese with salad which was very good! Gooey cheese, crunchy bread, but not greasy. And the salad dressing was a delicious light and slightly sweet vinaigrette (the perfect balance with the sandwich). My husband had the chicken and waffles which he LOVED! He is definitely a man of few words, but he made a point to say how much he loved it, SEVERAL TIMES. My husband said the coffee was good and I really liked the peach sweet tea as well. At the end, the chef came out to talk to us and brought us a complimentary vanilla cupcake. This was the only part of the meal I was not impressed with (it was slightly dry and dense). It was about $30 for all of this which is great compared to most stores in Middleburg. It is definitely a quirky store with a quirky owner, but good food and service. We will be back!

Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

We loved this place from the minute we walked in! The owner (we think) was honest - the food was fresh so would take a bit of time to prepare. We settled in and enjoyed the experience (and it wasn't a long wait at all). We had the chicken and waffles (YUM!), gorilla cheese sandwich and fresh quiche. Everything was delicious!! For dessert, she brought us a cupcake on the house (super nice touch) and we ordered the hot chocolate. OMG! It was amazing! Everything was so tasty we decided to return the following day before leaving town! It was just as tasty on day two! GO HERE! But don't be in a hurry and do enjoy the quirkiness!

Reviewed December 13, 2016

My husband and I began a fun escape day in Middleburg with our lunch. Service was so friendly, with Chef T visiting our table and sharing her enthusiasm about our choices. The salad dressing was light and unique, the quiche truly mouth-watering. We were treated to yummy extras like the pretzel and a cupcake for my husband while a luxuriated in my giant cup of rich rich hot chocolate. The group at the next table were sure they were eating the best toasted cheese ever. I plan to go back to see it I agree.